Thread: Product Demo in Silverlight

Product Demo in Silverlight

After the demo GWT, there comes the turn of the demo Silverlight PetStocks. Now I am expecting some help from your side for providing the information about the mentioned product demo in Silverlight. Since, you guys explain very thoroughly, I thought to post here my query instead of wasting time for Google. So please provide some detailed information about the demo Silverlight PetStocks.

Re: Product Demo in Silverlight

Silverlight is not stable enough or powerful, or the components of the market were not yet at the level of wealth of a Windows Forms. With this demo, I think the last skeptics admit that Silverlight is a promising technology that can now be ignoring. And I hope to have the opportunity (and especially time) to show on this blog countless virtues of Silverlight compared to Flex in particular.

This type of application foreshadows some of what will be upon us with the generalization of Cloud and online applications. Here we have almost the look of a Word or Excel, features and less. Well I guess Microsoft compete with Google on the fields of online applications with Silverlight. Because, like it or not, the traditional Web (HTML and JavaScript) will never reach this level of usability.

This demo is a demo without pretension, unlike his counterpart GWT, it does not use distributed services, just a few controls found on shelves and mixed together to give a coherent and consistent in terms of look (the Ribbon is definitely beautiful I can not find the equivalent JavaScript / GWT). I will add to make it look more professional and above all, take advantage of the many Silverlight controls CodePlex (Charts, TextBox, suggestions, etc..). This is just the beginning.