Thread: Microsoft Excel cannot save AutoRecover info to Macintosh HD

Microsoft Excel cannot save AutoRecover info to Macintosh HD

I was utilizing Excel for a small number of hours the recent past and got this error message that totally protected up excel and I had to force quit (and lost most recent a small number of minutes of data entry): The Microsoft Excel not be able to save AutoRecover information in sequence to Macintosh HD:Users:myfirstnamelastnameDocuments:Microsoft user Data:Office 2008 AutoRecovery. Do not demonstrate this dialog the entire in excess of again for this session of Excel I was frozen had to force to give up. Several advices on why this occurred and how I am able to protect it from occurring the entire in excess of again. It occurred twice the recent past I am anxious to utilize excel. What you suggest me in this case.

Re: Microsoft Excel cannot save AutoRecover info to Macintosh HD

What it actually means is "I tried to save the Autorecover file and the operating system said "Nup!" and I have comprise no idea why." There be able to be four reasons: The file is corrupt and Excel cannot run out how to illustrate the data in it. The Operating System has overflowing up its temporary space and requirements to clean itself out. Impressive has misrepresented the file permissions so you no longer have encompass authority to write or delete from that folder. I recognize that the document was originally generated on my system in Excel, so I copied and pasted it into an innovative excel document using Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac. I anticipate that does the trick. <br><br>I in addition shut down my system to let things tidy up and reset.

The Hard Disk has an error distressing the space where the file be supposed to be saved. Those are in organize of likelihood. Let's start by means of by Shut down the system, hang approximately until the power goes off, and then restart. That determines to trigger UNIX (Mac OS X) to work its cleanup organization tasks. If that does not fix it, shift on to the fire up Disk convenience and run “Repair Permissions", then restart (the entire in excess of again). If it tranquil is not fixed, the majority probable cause is that the file is cactus, and the merely sensible solution is to copy the data into a innovative workbook.

So subsequent to doing the detect and repair, after reinstallng the office package, subsequent to reinstalling the operating system, I originate that it was an error in the profile merely. Reinstalling the office suite did accurate some tribulations additional than what I actually desirable to do was logon as administrator and eliminate my profile then logon as myself and restructure the profile. Doing that would have comprise and reset my office alternative. I did on the other hand try to generate the directory and file the entire in excess of again additional than to no avail.

The message determine to take place when you have comprise the alternative set to save autorecovery information in sequence and for no matter what reason it cannot save the recovery file at the time interval demanded. You be able to turn off the saving of autorecovery information, additional than it would be superior to investigate why it cannot save. I locate that this sometimes happens when programming in the vba editor. Additional than regrettably you lost me at the mention o editors - I do not be familiar with no matter which regarding this. Any additional suggestion gives pleasure to, as I do not desire to turn off Autorecovery.

If you are seeing a communication that Autorecovery is delayed for the Normal template (and you have not comprise modified it) then the probable cause is incredible is modifying your Normal template. That 'something' is almost certainly a third-party add-in in view of the fact that if you are not altering your Normal template incredible else is. If no alterations are being completed then there's nothing to save. Autorecovery is triggered merely for files that have comprise been modified. In order to assist troubleshoot your tribulations most of them necessitate to be familiar with the version of Word you are using. Make a note of the steps for troubleshooting add-ins provided in the "tribulations starting Word" link Graham provided might be capable to assist point you in the right direction. If you necessitate additional assist, position back and they determine to go from there.

For this you have to immediately deployed Excel 2007 across my group. Subsequent to more than a small number of minutes, users of Excel gets the message: Microsoft Office Excel 2007 cannot save Autorecover information in sequence to "C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents". Create certain the network association or revolutionize the location on the Save tab of the Excel alternative dialog box." The folder exists for everybody, is not on a network drive, and they have encompass and permission to write there. I do not desire to tell everybody to modify the folder in the settings if it is not compulsory.