Thread: Uninstalling Silverlight 4 Beta on OSX

Uninstalling Silverlight 4 Beta on OSX

Currently I am using Silverlight 4 Beta on Mac OS X, but I have installed this beta version of Silverlight 4 by mistake. Not only that I am not satisfied with the performance of this Silverlight 4 and I want to remove it and want to get to my Silverlight 3 that I was using previously. So I have removed that thing and then try to install Silverlight 3 but it is giving me error at the time of installation that is; a newer version of Silverlight is available. Can you suggest me any solution for uninstalling Silverlight 4 Beta on OSX.

Re: Uninstalling Silverlight 4 Beta on OSX

I think you have force fully deleted Silverlight 4 Beta from your system and not used the add remove programs of your windows. That is the reason you are getting this error. For this problem the only thing I can suggest you to use cleaning tools for your operating system or the registry cleaner so that the back locks of previous Silverlight version can be removed from your system. After that you will be able to install Silverlight 3.

Thank you for your replies the problem is already solved long ago and forgot to put the solution and mark resolved. Actually install application as pre-requisite installation VISUAL STUDIO 2008 SP1 while respecting the language. I have also got the information for removing Silverlight 4 beta and installing Silverlight 3 on my system.

Silverlight 3 features over 50 new features, including: security and reliability improved; A multimedia support and enhanced video, including support for H.264; The ability to run Silverlight applications outside the browser; Security and reliability improved; a multimedia support and enhanced video, including support for H.264; the ability to run Silverlight applications outside the browser. This is the point where I am not having any related information, if you can help then please do so.