Thread: Designer doesn't work with Silverlight 4 RC

Designer doesn't work with Silverlight 4 RC

Recently I have installed Visual Studio 2010 RC in accordance with Silverlight 4 toolkit, these things are working fine but the problem is that the designer is not working at all. Previously when I was working with WPF, the designer was working without any problem. As far as know this problem is started after I have installed Visual Studio 2010. I am getting exception for System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException. It is possible that the reason for this problem may be different but I want to know why Designer doesn't work with Silverlight 4 RC, because I want to work with both of them.

Re: Designer doesn't work with Silverlight 4 RC

I am having Visual Studio 2010 RC designer and it is working fine with the Silverlight 4, but the problem I am facing is that, whenever I am trying to create a new Blend project through the use of Blend Preview for .Net 4, it is crashing. This is really annoying, having the latest technology and cannot do the simple thing that can be done easily in the previous technology.

I am having the solution for the problem you are having, actually the thing is that some assemblies of old versions of Silverlight are present in the GAC and these are things that are causing the problem. If you want your system to run properly then you have remove those assemblies from GAC. I will suggest you to use gacutil for removing all silverlight assemblies. I hope this will help you to solve the problem.

Thank you for the suggestion after cleaning this GAC using gacutil I was able to solve the problem I was facing. Now I can use the Silverlight 4, the new version of Microsoft's alternative to Adobe Flash, was unveiled last month. Today is the turn of the extension for Visual Studio to its appearance. Silverlight Tools for Visual Studio 4 2010 allows for example to exploit the capabilities of building applications "out of the browser.

It is the logical continuation of the beta, which it had been circulated at the Professional Developers Conference in November penny. Silverlight 4 RC allows including support for development tools such as Visual Studio and Expression Blend technology Sketchflow. New features such as the Path Layout allows developers to design the user interface through a new mechanism for visual layout that does not require writing code.

Expression Blend supports Silverlight Beta 4 .NET Framework 4 and Visual Studio 2010. Getting back to Silverlight, the adoption of this technology competes with Flash web continue, according to Redmond, at a rapid pace. Nearly 60% of computers connected to the Internet would have installed an increase of 15 points in four months. Microsoft has decided to take the initiative on the market for web browsers. But the best is yet to come.

The ultimate limits of Silverlight 3 will disappear with use of Silverlight 4. First, the mouse control is more complete (right click and scroll wheel). Even finding the clipboard, which will (if necessary) shared with the system clipboard. This feature is particularly well implemented; the copy of a datagrid in Excel gives a perfect result. Function in great demand, Silverlight is now able to launch impressions. An HTML component is also emerging. It will display the contents of a web page within a Silverlight application. Good point, plug-ins remain usable. Silverlight can display modules and Flash!