Thread: Silverlight 4 RC problem

Silverlight 4 RC problem

I have installed all the programs that are required for running silverlight in a smooth way, but the weird thing is that I am not able to open any site that is written in Silverlight4 beta. The other annoying thing is that I am not able to open the web sites that I have created Visual Studio 2010. I have done the upgrade so that my work can go in a smooth way but this upgrade has increased the problem. I want to how I can solve Silverlight 4 RC problem.

Re: Silverlight 4 RC problem

I think that there are compatibility issues from beat to RC; maybe there are some breaking changes from beta to RC. The only advice I can give you is to upgrade the beta project and rebuild that thing again for running that thing RC. This is the main reason for not providing the live support for beta versions. Hence I cannot give any guarantee that your code is going to work.

I just installed Visual Studio 2010 RC and the framework 4. I create a silverlight application business, everything is going well. Then I add a Cloud Service project type for the application hosted in Azure silverlight and the message asking me to change the target framework version. I change the version and now I have problems namespace 'ServiceModel' does not exist in the namespace 'System'.

As far as I know about this thing you are not allowed to use the classes. NET 4. You can create a Silverlight application with Visual Studio 2010 and host in Azure, but using. NET 3.5. I hope that you have understood what I am trying to suggest. If you have any other problem then let me know about that thing. I will try to resolve that issue as soon as possible.

For the moment Azure development tools only support. NET Framework 3.5. If you are using the components. NET 4.0, you will surely get an error. For the namespace ServiceModel, it is only present in. NET 3.5, so you should not have problems if you are going to use .Net 3.5 and not .Net 4.0. If you have any other problem then I will suggest you to use to view MSDN system.servicemodel

Thank you for the replies that you have given. Actually the thing I want to know is that; it is now possible to create a silverlight application with Visual Studio 2010 and Silverlight 4 to host in Azure or should I wait for the next version of Visual Studio 2010 or Silverlight 4 for the things that I want to achieve. Can you provide any related information for this thing?

You cannot use the classes. NET 4. You can create a Silverlight application with Visual Studio 2010 and host in Azure, but using. NET 3.5. Unfortunately this cannot be done using the latest .Net 4.0, if you want you can wait till the Microsoft resolve this issue. But I will not suggest you to do that because you can achieve the same thing through the use of .Net 3.5