Thread: Silverlight 4 RC with Blend 4 Beta

Silverlight 4 RC with Blend 4 Beta

Recently I have started to learn to use Blend, but the problem is that I am getting some unexpected results if am using Silverlight 4 RC with Blend 4 Beta. Whenever I am trying to compose the prototype in the sketchflow controls then it stops working any time, and if want to get them back I have to remove them and replace them again. Not only that, data binding to the StaticResouce is also not working. Is there any compatibility issues with the Blend 4 and the silverlight4.

Re: Silverlight 4 RC with Blend 4 Beta

I think I am also having same problem, some of the visual element of the different states are overlapping each other and even if they are not visible then also there interfering with some of the controls. If I am trying to do this thing explicitly then the controls collapsed at that time when I do not want them to. I do not know whether it is a bug or it is happening because of any compatibility issues. The only thing I want to know is the solution for this problem.

The only solution I can provide you is that run thing as administrator. Actually I was also getting similar type of issues when I was not running as administrator. Then I have switched as an administrator and after that I have not faced any such error while using this combination. If anyone of you is getting this kind of error then I will suggest you to do the same thing that I am doing for the perfect working of these application software.

The most impatient of you may have already tested the beta of Blend 4. Among the novelties, the most is probably the PathListBox, which aligns the elements defined graphically on a Path. If you've dug, you can be considered the "lower layers" of the thing:
    1. Our class and PathListBox PathListBoxItem
    2. A PathLayout ...
    3. Who expects to contain elements that implement IPathLayoutItem .. PathListBoxItem obviously responds to this contract.

The approach (and the interface IPathLayoutItem) does not put "anything" in a PathLayout. It is rather unfortunate, especially since a dual approach, either by interface or by setting properties attached read-only (they used to have AC !!!), offered much more flexibility. I've put the issue on the official forum of Blend. The complexity of PathLayout make a "generic", this class is hidden in the Blend final four.

It would be impossible to use this layout in our ItemsControl (ListBox type multitouch or menu, or anything else.), unless a redevelopment. Fortunately, a little trick allows, at least temporarily, overcoming this problem: Thus, for example, a MenuItem that has a sort of PathLayout, simply follow like this: Edit template, in the template, put a PathListBox and configure it as you wish. Binder simply PathListBox.ItemsSource your Items in your menu, with the (Binding Items, RelativeSource = ()) RelativeSource TemplateParent that's it.

In addition to WPF, WCF and xps, will thus become the Xaml at the heart of the new Workflow Foundation. All of its layers will be based on a common motor (except BAML initially, which can pose questions directly on the HMI in performed Blend and included in the assembly) and XamlReader XamlWriter become made abstract classes, it is possible to specialize according to serialize objects / deserialization. It solves the limitations of "old" XamlWriter WPF, though unable, for example, to serialize a MarkupExtension.