Thread: Firefox & Silverlight 4, RIA performance issues

Firefox & Silverlight 4, RIA performance issues

I was working with Firefox to check out the efficiency of my SL4, RIA application. Data loading, DomainServer requests and navigation was moving very slow. Firefox displayed about 80% of my brand latest processor's core usage, and implementing with application was full of 5-20 second delays. Fine, application is not that small but on Internet Explorer 8 and it works as quick as 0,5 - 1 sec.

What are the components are causing for this issue ? I have no idea where should I report this issue ? SL team or FF team?

Re: Firefox & Silverlight 4, RIA performance issues

This can be happened because of some components are restricting this run properly and at the time of execution of all of the components , browser got complexities to compile and consumes so much time to execute all these things.

In this case, you have to prevent the external and unnecessary components that are taking place in the execution. I have notice so many time , you have to wipe out the cache in FireFox when running from Visual Studio 2010 for silverlight applications to run without any issues as it gets messed up with prior views.

It is not the actual problem that I am suffering from. I have tried the same as you suggested me to do and maybe it helps a little (although seems complex to notice the difference), but issues with the loading data (DomainContext.Load<>) still running in the same situation.

I have created a Dataform including combo controls. Dictionary content of the combos specified are loaded from DomainContext.Load async operation. Loading three different dictionaries consumes 0,5-2 sec in internet explorer 8 and approximately 20 seconds . Where as Firefox regardless of IPv6 problems fixed or not ??

I am also working with the Firefox 3.6.3. My application depend on the silverlight 4. When I moved from sl3 to 4, I got some changes but nothing when I moved from 3.6 to 3.6.1, 3.6.2, 3.6.3 even with my wcf calls. You need to go for the admin changes, Have you tried to perform the uninstallation of Firefox and done the installation of the same ? Just made disable the plugin installed and if possible then Update them ?