Thread: Silverlight is not working on Firefox

Silverlight is not working on Firefox

This is very interesting and little bit shocking also, i don't know what is the actual issue behind this . I have tried to install silverlight and installation going fine on my Internet Explorer 7, I received the "Get Silverlight" image in Firefox. I have done the uninstallation and reinstalled Silverlight but there is no effect at all . I also have done the installation of Silverlight Alpha Refresh. I am using Windows Vista Ultimate. Do you have any suggestion regarding this, why Silverlight is not working on my Firefox browser ?

Re: Silverlight is not working on Firefox

Microsoft Silverlight have been install in fine way without any issues (both 1.0, and 2.0 Beta); it displays up in the about:plugins list, but whenever I move to a page which needs Silverlight, it continuously telling me that I have to perform the installation of Silverlight. I have tried to go for the uninstallation and re-installation of Firefox. I don;t have any idea, if Silverlight worked with Firefox 2.0.0.11 or not.

There is some simple configuration that you have to reset and that would wipe out the issue. But before going to do anything you have to be sure about something means have you got NoScript ? If so, take a look at the following procedure as : - Options>Plugins tab and find out if Silverlight is forbidden at that place . If that is the situation the you have disable this and click on the 'OK'.

Thanks for your replies but actually the problem still in the same situation.I followed the procedure that you have suggested me to do but unfortunately it is not working at all . Sites still don't detect Silverlight as being installed.

There is noscript shouldn't be restricting the Silverlight on the website anyway; I have already choose that scripts from the located site as being accepted, and this should only be restricting plugins to run on the pages , I have not marked as safe.

Hi dude, no problem .. Go for another alternative ... Does it assumes as feasible on a clean profile (or making disabling NoScript from Tools=>Add-Ons)? If not then maybe Silverlight doesn't have proper compatibility with the more than one versions of the plugin installed alongside. Could you used to go for the uninstallation of 1.0 (AFAIK, Silverlight releases are backward-compatible)?