Thread: ActiveSync Deleted My Contacts

ActiveSync Deleted My Contacts

Hope this is the right section for this query. I am having a very short query and hope you guys can help me out for sure. Yesterday i was trying to sync my Windows mobile with Activesync. I was having lots of calendar entries, many emails and lots of contacts that i have had to sync on my Windows mobile. After the process completed i found that all mails and calendar entries were sync but not the contacts. I opened Outlook and found the shocking result. All my contacts were deleted. They neither in outlook nor in my mobile. Could you guys please help me out here ?

Re: ActiveSync Deleted My Contacts

This is certainly a parameter problem, check in activesync, menu tools / options / parameters. You have to define where conflict camera reference (PC or device). Personally, I have defined the PC as a reference, I enter my contacts in Outlook, if there is a conflict, the reference is always Outlook and it works very well. Activesync is a disaster and a bit counter intuitive to limit ...

I have seen this problem with many users. Its really annoying. Except they are in the Recycle Bin, they are gone. You must give a try with some good hard drive recovery application and find the actual cause of this problem. If Activesync is responsible for that then public ought to be informed about the jeopardy. I know it's really maddening to mislay business and important contacts and I really don't want to be acquainted with how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kshaunish View Post
    After the process completed i found that all mails and calendar entries were sync but not the contacts. I opened Outlook and found the shocking result. All my contacts were deleted. They neither in outlook nor in my mobile.
    You may need to check out the Deleted stuffs folders in MS Outlook on your desktop to attempt and get back some of the contacts. To do so, open Outlook and tap CTRL + 6 together to view these folders. While retrieving, the figure of contacts you can recover will be based on the size set for the deleted items. I hope you handle to retrive them all.