Thread: Mercury Messenger not working on Intel iMac

Mercury Messenger not working on Intel iMac

I have encompass been using Mercury Mesenger by means of my Intel iMac for months at present without several tribulations. Additional than today whenever I sign into MSN using it within a second an error determines to pop up saying. "Mercury Mesenger was not capable to sign you in for the reason that the correlation by means of the MSN server (messenger.hotmail.com:1863) might not be established. Not capable to attach to the server. The correlation was refused (server down)" On the other hand, I be able to sign on MSN using an online messenger and the status of the servers are extremely well so says the website. I tried in addition aMSN and I got an error concerning to server error. I in addition tried using standard MSN on my XP system and it would not connect.

Re: Mercury Messenger not working on Intel iMac

Recently had the similar tribulations occur by means of my mercury messenger, adium and amsn additional than msn for Mac tranquil runs (well as much as it ever did) did you locate a solution or does anybody be familiar with what causes this. msn does not hold up or maintain webcam on Mac, additional than look for aMsn, it determine to. Microsoft determine to be releasing Msn by means of voice and cam hold up or maintain for Mac soon, at long last iChat merely runs by means of a small number of types of accounts. A Google account runs and AOL if I am not wrong. If you actually desire video chat, try additional applications similar to Skype, which is free and I imagine is superior than MSN.

I have in addition downloaded MS Messenger for Mac additional than cannot webcam by means of the built in iSight camera. Does anyone be familiar with how to do it or is there a comparable messenger program out there that determines to run by means of the webcam. At this position in time Microsoft has not given Messenger for OSX Video additional than they plan to in the prospect from what I have include or read. Right at present there are 2 chat applications that determine to give you video chat on MSN. Is aMSN and the additional Mercury Messenger. I consider aMSN is the additional liked of the two.

You might try Skype, it does make conversation and video talk. The iSight built in cam runs extremely well by means of it. If you have comprise your apparatus dual boot by means of xp the isight be able to be used on the messenger there. It depends how concerned you are to utilize it. In addition they do not desire you getting back into previous habits and immediately always booting up the windows separation to go on msn do they. I immediately purchased my Mac today and downloaded aMSN on suggestion in this thread. Great messenger. Cheers for the suggestion to the thread starter.

The aMSN is the most excellent for messaging and file sharing IMO additional than even though it hold up or maintain video it does not hold up or maintain audio which type of defeats a video conferences purpose. This has been chocciekid, Mercury messenger running attractive well and I be able to observe additional webcam. Immediately anticipate that they going to do something regarding Mac webcam almost immediately! I recently purchased a macbook thinking I might utilize it for webcam on Mac messenger. Perceptibly not so I searched for a program called AMSN.

Additional than I am a diminutive perplexed. I am on a Mac, additional than what be able to I utilize on the Mac that additional on PC's be able to interact by means of. The Skype runs similar to a charm, for Webcam. Yes I be familiar with it is not MSN and that means you determine to have to get everybody to Switch to Skype. The aMSN as mentioned on top of runs for Webcam by means of MSN additional than runs a bit slow. Skype is the technique to go. Extremely superior quality by means of audio and video. I am extremely impressed. The Microsoft Vision cam for the Xbox 360 has OS X hold up.

I would immediately say stick by means of amsn. I have used it for a moderately a at the same time as and I have by no means had several tribulations by means of it. And the webcams run similar to they would on windows msn. You be able to try aMSN. I played around by means of it a diminutive when I first got my Mac, additional than then the entire my PC friends switched in excess of to Skype, so that's what I make use of for video at present. Hit it off here for the aMSN website. Well this is an tremendously old thread additional than I conclude to reply anyway. It's so bad there's no MSN Messenger that hold upor maintain iSight, so far I utilize aMSN whenever I desire to utilize the iSight or YAhoo Messenger. It is true that you be able to add MSN contacts to your Yahoo Messenger account other than you cannot utilize the iSight with those contacts. Only Yahoo Contacts. I at present utilize WMFusion, it's a virual apparatus that lets me work Microsoft Messenger faultlessly in windows and I be able to utilize my iSight there Bootcamp is an additional superior alternative.