Thread: Silverlight 4 - Best architecture for Large Line of Business Applications

Silverlight 4 - Best architecture for Large Line of Business Applications

I would like to be sure that what is the better architecture that would be used to create a fairly wide business application with the help of silverlight 4. I heard a lot about MVVM but most of the tutorials online shades on accessing data and entering them in one simple method about that I am sure will not be helpful when constructing something large . Is there any article/book that can tell me what design would be used and mostly with an example laid out??? Someone with some effective suggestion ??

Re: Silverlight 4 - Best architecture for Large Line of Business Applications

I am also in the same area and the application my organization is developing contains a number of different screens (30+), encapsulate with the backend database with the help of WCF, uses reporting services for reports and leverages several of the key properties Silverlight 3 has to offer. The already implemenated application used by the client was created with the Access Forms and is being transported to Silverlight 3 along with a lot of new functionality.

Predictive Analytics, Collective Intelligence, Interactive Analysis and Data virtualisation are entirely great methods to develop a BI 2.0 in Silverlight. Silverlight 4 was launcher by Microsoft moths ago. While Silverlight 4 is not as wide as a release as Silverlight 3, this one latest Silverlight version cosist so many new compelling properties to Silverlight Business Intelligence situations.There are some important newly released Business Intelligence properties for Silverlight are as follows :

1) OData Support in WCF RIA Services
    2) COM Automation Support
    3) Printing Support
    4) F# Support
    5) PathListBox Improvements in Blend 4

Thanks for your prompt replies and such suggestion but it is not actually what I wanted to know and searching for ..I needed to get if there is someone who has used silverlight3 or considering silverlight4 for wide arranged LOB applications....As I stated previously, there are several posts indicating simple demonstration but I need to be sure that how to implement MVVM in a fairly wide environmental application and also is it reliable at all ?

I interacted with such type of complexities at the time of applying MVVM in my Business Applications:

1. If view and the applied state are asynchronous in the nature, I find it very complex to go for the updates of MVVM states purely through the binding. This is where MVVM generates an issue and I was forced to interact with the controller.

2. Controlling model and logic application receives to MVVM. This enables MVVM code monolithic and wide. (my MVVM class' code have moved beyond 1000 statements and I smell the issues here). So Composition of model and VM has to be there from the very starting.