Thread: Converting Outlook Express mail to be read on a windows 7 computer

Converting Outlook Express mail to be read on a windows 7 computer

Recently I have purchased a computer system with Window 7 installed in it. Currently I am having windows live. There was no problem while accessing the previous outlook express mail folder. I have stored some of the important email on this folder. I want to transfer my old computer mails to the latest computer that I am having, because I want to get my previous mails. In short I need a method for converting Outlook Express mail to be read on a windows 7 computer.

Re: Converting Outlook Express mail to be read on a windows 7 computer

I am also facing the similar problem with the outlook express; I have purchased a new computer system I want to get all my messages are in Outlook Express for the transfer (Outlook Express) the new computer system. The export function works only mail to Outlook or Exchange. In which directory these messages are saved. I am having windows 7, any related reply will be appreciated.

As you open Outlook Express go to Tools then to Options then to maintenance then to storage and then open file in the window you have the address of record. Join this address and copy it on a movable drive it can CD drive or any flash driver copy the folder (after verification.) Just keep in mind that if you are using CD for doing this then you have to change the read only property of these files.

I am having a better solution for your problem. Open Outlook Express and go to: Tools> Options> Maintenance> Store Folder You copy the link in the window (to resemble ca "C: \ Documents and Settings \ XXXXX \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Identities \ (553B02A2-0011-475A-A55F-6BEEB032C2A8) \ Microsoft \ Outlook Express") And you now: Start> Run> and you glue the link above. And now, this folder contains all the content of Outlook Express. To import the data on your new PC, you did the same operation (to retrieve the file) and glue it in the content that you had saved.

Thank you for the reply, my problem is solved; I have followed these steps for transferring the data. I recreated identities / accounts with a bad password to avoid synchronization > it creates the identities and all the files (dbx extension.) I then deleted these files and have them replaced by the former. The account had been cleared up, I then recreated for each identity with the proper password. That’s all is required for transferring the data.