Thread: Windows 7 is not allowing other users to access Outlook

Windows 7 is not allowing other users to access Outlook

Other members those are sharing the same system is not able to access outlook on my system. The result is that they cannot receive the emails through Outlook 2007. That’s not all I am also receiving error message that “user does not have permission to access outlook files” and after that it displays the path for the outlook file. The file path displays that the files are under main administrator. The most annoying thing is that Outlook is not allowing the administrator to access anything except to close. Currently I am using windows 7 and previously I was using Vista, I was not having any such kind of problem while using Vista. I want to why Windows 7 is not allowing other users to access Outlook and the respective solution for that.

Re: Windows 7 is not allowing other users to access Outlook

I have not clearly understood the thing that you are trying to convey. Actually at the time your are configuring the outlook for different users then Outlook generates a new pst file at the location C:/Users/{with the specific user name}/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Outlook. Are you trying to convey that all the users must have access to the same outlook data or something similar to that? Please be precise on your problem.

The other users those are sharing the same system want to use Microsoft Outlook 2007. They were using Microsoft outlook 2003 under Vista and want to use similar thing on Windows7. The actual problem is that they are having their data on outlook 2003 on their personal laptop and they want to transfer that data on the system. I tried to give each user administrator right but that does not help. Can you provide some information for doing this?

It will be better if you can explain the things more clearly then I can give you a better suggestion for the problem you are facing. Can you tell how you are trying to set up Microsoft outlook for other members those are going to share your computer system. There is no need to give the Administrator privileges to the other users.

I was also facing similar problem that you are facing now, but I have solved the problem by double checking the configuration that I have done. I will suggest you to do the same thing. Just check the setting that you have done for other users. Do not forget to check the default option, because I have set the administrators outlook.pst file as the default option that was giving me problem. If you face any other problem then let me know I will try solve the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks for the suggestion it worked for, actually I have messed with the default settings that was giving me problem. I was wondering if it was possible to install Outlook Express 7.Windowsail does not use my software "Scrippy" to send messages that I am with entertainment. I searched everywhere and I cannot find where I could download Outlook Express7 I prefer to Windows Mail for Outlook allows me to use my program "Scrippy" for the creation of messages. Can you suggest any solution for this problem?

Actually Outlook Express is version 6 and there will be no if it is replaced by Windows Mail on Vista! By cons Kleretnet I think you can still download Outlook Express on the internet if someone would delete or something else. I do not want to demoralize you for the search but as far as I know Outlook Express does not exist for Windows7, you need to install Outlook from Office 2003 or 2007 but you can still continue your search.