Thread: Outlook 2007 won't open after Windows 7 updates installed.

Outlook 2007 won't open after Windows 7 updates installed.

I have updated my Windows 7 last night and today morning when I am trying to open Microsoft Outlook I am getting error message that "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." I have also tried to repair the office CD, but I am not able to solve the problem that I am facing. I think that the problem is related to the update of windows 7 that I have done, but now I need the solution. I want to know the specific reason and solution why, Outlook 2007 won't open after Windows 7 updates installed.

Re: Outlook 2007 won't open after Windows 7 updates installed.

Well if you have the problem from last night then the best solution for your problem will be system restore. I will strongly suggest you to do a system restore for the problem you are facing. For doing system restore you have to open the start menu and then go to all programs then to Accessories then to System Tools and then to System restore. This will show you a screen for system restore and you need to select a point for the restoration of your system.

Thanks for the reply, but my friend I know that system restore will help me for getting this outlook back. The thing is that today or tomorrow I have to do an update for my Windows 7 and I am sure that after doing the update I am going to get this problem. I do not need the temporary solution for the problem but a permanent solution for the problem that I am facing. Anyways thank for replying back.

I am not confident that this will help you but you can try this may be this will help you. In "execute" you open a command line with "cmd". A window appears, it's DOS. You type "cd \" to get the line "c: \>" Tapes then "cd program files" then "cd microsoft office" then "cd Office12" and finally "outlook.exe / resetnavpane" and reopens Outlook normally. For cons, I am unable to remember the process and I am obliged to repeat each ignition computer.

Microsoft Outlook 2007 does not open. When I open Outlook, ill starts, seems to open and close in posting this message: "Unable to start MSO. Unable to open the window. I am on Windows 7. I started doing a restore, but this has not solved the problem. I went in the folder program files / Microsoft office/office12 taking care to show hidden files for SCANOST. But when I clicked, I find it appropriate to "leave outlook before making an analysis tool using the OST integrity check". I click OK (Outlook is closed since it does not open). Another dialog box opens and says "your mailbox does not support offline synchronization." I tried the other file Scanpst it displayed a message "enter the name of the file that I want to analyze" and then I dry completely. I pretty much tried everything but in vain. Any idea related to this problem.

I think I belong to the same category because my Microsoft outlook is also giving me problem. I tried the diagnosis Microsoft (online site)! No abnormalities detected. In desperation, I uninstalled and reinstalled Office Standard 2007, but I still cannot open Outlook 2007. Everything worked (Scanpst, Microsoft diagnostic tools, uninstall / install) for some anomalies encountered by people, fails to me. I resign myself to make a cross on Outlook. If anyone has an idea, I am willing to try anything.

I was also facing the similar outlook problem after doing the update for my windows7. But now I have the solution for this problem. It is kind of restore for Microsoft outlook. For solving this problem you just need to follow these steps. Go to start and in start search box you have to type outlook /resetnavpane after that press enter. Then try to open you outlook I am sure this time you will not face any problem for starting your Microsoft outlook.