Thread: Word 2007 in Windows 7 extremely slow open doc with missing template.

Word 2007 in Windows 7 extremely slow open doc with missing template.

I just installed Office 2007 on my pc, and Word 2007 is very slow when I type a word in a blank document that takes 10 seconds to appear. Similarly, it takes about one minute to display the word when I am on another window. There is no problem with Word 2003 or Excel 2007! Potential source of the problem, and I want to know why word 2007 in Windows 7 extremely slow open doc with missing template. I will be waiting for reply.

Re: Word 2007 in Windows 7 extremely slow open doc with missing template.

If you operate with Word 2007 tries this: Here are the steps: Open a Word page and click the Office button. Click Word Options. In the menu on the left in the dialog box, click Add-Ins. At the bottom of the window, verify that COM Add-ins is selected in the Manage drop-down menu before clicking Go. A new dialog box opens: uncheck Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin and click OK. This action does not prevent the user to turn Word documents into PDF or Adobe Acrobat to open as an independent.

I am running Windows 7 with all updates done, and I use Office 2007 also updated. My problem is when I start Word the program offers a total of 45 seconds to open what is really long, 10 seconds to open, but I still Hourglass 35 seconds before the cursor on the page more so in the background open a text editor to copy a document in Word I get back I still have the hourglass for 45 seconds although the program is already open. I have this problem as well with a new document that an existing document, I tried deleting normal.dot file that is my suggestion, but it does not exist in Word 2007. I have no viruses or spyware, the disk is defragmented, and a space of 195 GB I have an Intel Dual Core 6600, and 3 GB of DDR2 RAM, a video card N-Vidia GeForce 7950 GX2 512 MB My other programs like Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, open very quickly.

I think it should be a program that puts options in Word, as Systran, Antidote, Cordial, I do not know but it is constantly waiting for razor, it would be only one to open password, but once opened if I go on the internet or anything like notepad to copy and return to Word to paste it I still have the hourglass over 40 seconds is to be disgusting to buy software for such a result. When I installed Office is all spent and the time normally open acceptable.

Solving the problem of slowness Word & Excel problem (DDE). To correct this problem: Tools / Tool, Folder Option, Files types, Look for example the extension (doc) click on Advanced, Select Open click Edit, Decocted Use DDE, And in the line (Application Used to Perform Action) added to the end ("% 1" ) Office 2003, "C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office \ OFFICE11 \ WINWORD.EXE" / n / dde "% 1" Office 2007. "C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office \ OFFICE12 \ WINWORD.EXE" / n / dde "% 1" Excel 2003 or 2007 "C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office \ Office12 \ EXCEL.EXE" / e "% 1"

When I open Word, it is super long time to open (even a blank page), and when it is already open and I are sailing on the Internet or any software, once I'm back to word it ream it is up to 30 seconds waiting. It's really debilitating, especially when I work with different word documents and I have to wait so long to each (re) opening. I have a very new computer, rather powerful, and before I had no worries. I changed the version of Word to see if the troubles continued, and unfortunately, yes. And this version of Word 2007 works fine on my old PC from home: I also deleted the normal.dot file hidden but nothing better. I feel that this trouble has happened since I installed my tablet, but nothing is certain.