Thread: You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item only when opening Outlook 2010

You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item only when opening Outlook 2010

I am getting error message that whenever I am trying to open the Microsoft outlook 2010. There is no problem while using the other programs there is no problem. But if I try to open Microsoft outlook 2010. "Windows Cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item" But I have figured out one way for opening this Outlook 2010 that is go to the directory and then right on the outlook.exe, but I need to run as Administrator. I need a better way to run, to be precise want to run outlook 2010 normally.

Re: You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item only when opening Outlook 2010

I am not sure about this but this may be the possible reason for errors. May be outlook is running in compatibility mode. Or there may be some third party applications that are conflicting with the outlook 2010. If these are the possible error that you are having then you can easily find the solution for the problem you are facing on your system.

Re: You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item only when opening Outlook 2010

If you are facing the problem of outlook running in the compatibility mode. You need to go to following location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 14. At that place you have to locate the outlook.exe. After that you need to right click on the file and after that you have to click on the properties option. Then you need to click on the compatibility tab and uncheck “Run this program in compatibility mode”. I am sure this will solve your compatibility problem.

It is true that because of some third party application outlook behave in abnormal manner. If you want to get your outlook 2010 then you need to follow these steps for solving the problem. First of all you need to open your office application in safe mode. After that you have disable all the third party application that are conflicting with you Microsoft outlook 2010. I hope this will help you.

In trying to open folders in Outlook 2010, I am having messages that are not opening is not possible and as counsel to close Outlook and run "scanpst.exe. I followed the advice and after a long time, I found myself with a new folder called "found objects with, in this case, two sub-folders, one for each of my files in nitialement more readable, entitled "recovered folder 8202 1" and ditto with the other two. No problem to move the first root in the "Personal Folder" but impossible for the latter is the former "junk mail", the following message appears at every attempt to move: Unable to move the special folders, including folders Inbox, Contacts, calendars, notes, tasks and newspaper. My question: how to put the folder "spam" in its place.

My problem is almost similar, but not quite either. I preferred not to create new topic to avoid falling apart. First of all, I am on Outlook 2010. I just made one archive Scanpst a very very large (between 18 and 19Go => ). Against all odds (given the size) scan pst has worked well, and I'm left with a folder called "Lost and Found. Inside I have the joy of finding a ton (no no not my kind of exaggeration ...) of "File retrieved XXXX (XXXX is 4 alphanumeric characters). So far, everything is going fairly well.

I created a few dozen archives in order to re-dispatcher what I found and thus reduce the main archive. Here's my problem differs since I have no inbox, sent items, junk mail etc. This is just a data file used to store the mail locally to keep. But when I use "move" or that I am a drag & drop, I have the following message that appears: "Cannot move the items. Unable to move or copy files, Cannot move file. You cannot move a file to a higher level of subfolders. It also is possible that you may not have appropriate permissions on that folder. To check your permissions, right-click on the folder, then click Properties on the shortcut menu"