Thread: Get rid of blurry fonts in Windows 7 and Office 2007

Get rid of blurry fonts in Windows 7 and Office 2007

I have recently upgraded the operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. Well, I know that there are incompatibility issues of this operating system with some of the applications and softwares because of which I am taking care while installing them.

I have installed Office 2007 in my system now and ever since, I have done that, I am encountering a weird problem. I want to know how to get rid of blurry fonts in Windows 7 and Office 2007. This is because all the fonts that I am selecting in Office as well as in the operating system are getting blur.

Please help me to resolve this problem immediately.

Re: Get rid of blurry fonts in Windows 7 and Office 2007

According to me, some sort of registry error is causing the issue of blurry fonts in Windows 7 and Office 2007. There is no need to worry. You have to repair the problems in the registry. For this purpose, I use a tool called Registry Mechanic. It is compatible with Windows 7 as well. All the problems or broken links in the registry will be detected and it will be fixed as well.

If you have a good knowledge of the registry, then the particular settings of the operating system as well as the software that is Office 2007 have to be modified manually. Beware that if you do not know how to do it perfectly, the many problems like a system crash or a corrupt operating system can occur. This will require reinstallation of the operating system.

The pixel of the system may not be set properly, as required that is resulting in the blurry fonts in Windows 7 and Office 2007. This is because you have done an upgradation of the Windows 7 operating system. Such problems do not occur if a clean install is done. Anyways, there is a simple solution for the same. There is an option called ClearType Tuner in the Control Panel. Set this option as 3X. I hope that this fixes the problematic situation.

You have to make sure that there are no incompatibility problems between Office 2007 and Windows 7, as you have done an upgradation. You can find out the same by running the hardware and software evaluation wizard in your system. Also, try running Office 2007 in the compatibility mode with the help of the option for troubleshoot compatibility.

On starting Office 2007 in the compatibility mode, that is with the help of the option for troubleshoot compatibility, as suggested by one of you guys above, I have been successfully able to get rid of blurry fonts in Windows 7 and Office 2007. Anyways, thanks for all the help that you people have provided. I expect the same in the future.