Thread: Click-2-run configuration failure

Click-2-run configuration failure

I have installed windows 7 on my computer system and having problem with Microsoft word 2010 beta version. I have recently installed Microsoft word 2010 on my system but I cannot open that. When I am trying to open it, it is giving me error message that click-2-run configuration failure. I have no idea what is happening and why I am getting this error message.

Re: Click-2-run configuration failure

As far as I know Click 2 run is an application virtualization that is the streaming version of office 2010. This was configured so that people can install this and office 2007 side by side on their system. If you have downloaded the click2run. Installed it then this thing have created a temp drive. You just need to delete all the contents that are present in your temp drive and then again do a fresh installation for this. I am sure that this will solve your problem.

The thing is that if you have installed click2run then it creates a virtual drive for itself without asking for the user’s permission, and this is the most annoying part, because if it creates Q drive then it will be impossible to remove this driver from your computer system. The only solution that I have got for this problem is to roll back or to restore to a point previous to the installation.

I was working on office 2010 from several months and not suddenly it started giving me click2run error message. Now I am not able to open any of my documents that I have created. I am also having Q: drive created on my system and I cannot delete that from my system, even if I try to access this Q: drive, it gives me access denied error. Any idea for solving this problem? One more thing I do not know how to do a system rollback.

I have at the same concern as above and here are the steps that I have tried for solving the issue. 1 - Click Start - Run 2 - Enter Winword / a and validate: Word launches 3 - Close Word and re-opened by Start Menu Program Microsoft Word. I get to open a Word normal document that I can close normally, and a second document which always generates the same error message when I close it (Word stopped working and will restart).

If you can remove this Click 2 Run problem of Microsoft word 2010 then I will suggest you do restore your system to a point where you have not installed Microsoft word 2010. For restoring the system you just need to go to Programs > Accessories > system tools and then restore your system. I will display you a window in which you have to select the restore point.

Thank you for the reply that you have given but my friend I am restoring the system to a previous date then all the files and documents that I have created from the time I have installed Microsoft office 2010 will be lost. It is not a good solution for me. I need more better solution for this problem. If you have let me know.