Thread: Windows installer service cannot update one or more protected windows files, installation failed

Windows installer service cannot update one or more protected windows files, installation failed

My current operating system is window XP and having problem with Microsoft Office 2007. Actually the thing is that I am getting error when I am trying to install Microsoft 2007 on my computer system. The error message is something like this "Windows installer service cannot update one or more protected windows files, installation failed". But I am not having the idea how find the file that needs not to be protected and how to unprotect those files.

Re: Windows installer service cannot update one or more protected windows files, installation failed

For solving the problem that you are facing you just need to follow simple steps. You just need to copy Fp4autl.dll that is present in Microsoft office CD and then paste that thing to "C :\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\40\Bin\". That’s it; after that you will not face any such kind of problem. If you have any other problem then let me know I will try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Re: Windows installer service cannot update one or more protected windows files, installation failed

I cannot install Windows programs run without causing Installer the Judgment of the above "Unable to access the service from windows installer.Ceci Safe Mode failure ext" I am using Windows xp home service pack 2 and windows installer 3. One more thing I have reformatted the system three hours ago. If you have any suggestions for this problem then let me know about it.

Well the message is a bit old, you certainly find the answer but since I give a solution that can unlock this. It can be used for other. So you have to manually enable the Windows Installer service. To do this, do: Start / Run / services.msc. In the Services window, quite down right click on the Windows Installer service and click on the Start menu. That is if you try to uninstall again, it should work normally.

I have the same problems with "windows installer". I just looked at your responses very interesting. But I would ask you: How-to uninstall "windows install" and reinstall. How to know which version is on my computer system. One can possibly be post a newer version? If you could guide me it would be happy (I am new to computing I will need the answer in a specific and simple language).

I could not install the new version of Adobe Reader 9 on my pc without this famous error message it's finally done, installed and it works! Small or large additional information to remember: SP3 installed to achieve these famous messages and not being able to go back. You can always uninstall a Windows Update as SP3 and return to SP2, but BE CAREFUL. Close behind to crash! Small play and not connoisseurs refrain!

I did it for you, and ultimately big "mess" nothing works! I had to restore my disk with a later point in SP3 of course, and then we lose one hour for nothing. I could reinstall this with my SP3 but this does not solve the message and the prohibition of installing programs so far! So thank you for this pipe Elirathiel very effective, it works very well. I think we have good knowledge for even the computer to do but to abstain and to call an expert. But the bottom line is that it works.