Thread: Office 2007 installation gives error 25004 config.xml not specified

Office 2007 installation gives error 25004 config.xml not specified

I am a teacher, and I have downloaded free Microsoft Office Professional 2007 on my new computer. When I try to install, it gives me error 25004.Config.Xml. I cannot even open a Word file (which was read-only it seems that I am not having product key). But I am having a product key, it is well recognized when I run Microsoft Office Professional 2007 but it remains locked to error 25004 and I cannot save from Word since no file opens up, what to do? Why Office 2007 installation gives error 25004 config.xml not specified.

Re: Office 2007 installation gives error 25004 config.xml not specified

If you are facing this problem then I will suggest you to uninstall Microsoft office 2007 then use windows Installer CleanUp. Use this for cleaning up your computer system and after cleaning this software I will suggest you to install Microsoft office 2007 in your system. I am sure that this will solve your problem. If you have any other problem then let me know I will try to solve the problem as soon as possible.

I have windows XP home service pack 2 version 2002 (bought independently of the computer), and the Office 2007 package (installed by a friend, I have not the CD). By turning on the computer all the files and documents had disappeared from the desktop and "my documents". I found them in "workstation": "disc C: Documents and settings" and I copied or moved (I cannot remember) to the office to retrieve them. But when I try to open (or open Word, Excel) I am getting the error message.

I also having the same problem like this in my pc software that it is not with Microsoft Office but with the Update program on my Pc "of the pilot and the program" because I have a laptop IBM Z60m. When I run that program a window appears saying that Windows is preparing to install then a window of IBM. I have a Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3, firefox 2.0.0.16 . Thank you in advance for your future help.

My problem, I have the 2007 version with Outlook Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint Access publisher. I decided to go discover on notes and project in trial version; I installed them so far everything is going well. Then there a few days last days of vista (I do not know if a link but strange coincidence!). Since my trial versions is not expired, are no longer usable and the next day is my version of Office 2007 also becomes unusable, I begin to try uninstalling and then blocking language problem, problem file ('null') Error 25004 missing config.xml. I have no restore point or make a backup of the registry. I also try cleaning the file from windows "msciuu2.exe" not work either, I download a "cleaner" registry not work either, so I am at the end, so if you have any ideas, then please let me know.

mikejohn Guest

hey...I have my own company and i have also the same problem of Office 2007 installation gives error 25004 config.xml not specified ...
    So what's the reason for this....

I have reinstalled with my CD and I almost at the end of my galley! I am currently updating the pack office, from what I read yesterday that could also be that my CD is done. So then everything is back to normal except for Outlook, whenever I run my mailbox because it controls bad closure, after a few minutes it seeks to update Office and there I noted the bug and message: "Microsoft Office cannot execute outlook supplements; Microsoft Office Outlook cannot install the necessary files due to an error in the setup of Windows, code 1605. This action is only valid for products currently installed” Outlook it restarts and so on without being able to find a solution. I even tried to do only install Outlook with the MSI file from the CD worked but result is the same? I tried to repair with the panel config, but it is displaying the message that it cannot complete its installation without specific reason or error code.

I come to the conclusion that my problem lies in the register the problem is that it is a real "Labyrinth" and that if I do a "stupidity" I will destabilize the system. So I tried multiple cleaning and I am able to buy one (uniblue registry booster) but it changes nothing, so I just reinstalled Office 2007 for 234,567,480 times (I exaggerate only!) and Outlook opens the window a few seconds and then it told me that the program stopped working and it asked me to stop. But before taking any measure I need suggestions from you.