Thread: No sound from Skype beta Linux version under OpenSuSE 11.1

No sound from Skype beta Linux version under OpenSuSE 11.1

I recently performed the installation of the Linux beta of Skype. I do not getany audio compatibility there nor can I connect with different Skype users on the net. The echo checking produces are seems unusable.

I am very concerned to get some references to the work with the Pulse Audio. This systems occurred issues on my old Linux installation which consumes months and latest hardware implementation to fix this . There are no any type of situation which I will install support for pulse audio ever again in the OpenSuSE Linux environment

Re: No sound from Skype beta Linux version under OpenSuSE 11.1

If you don't require for any support for the pulseaudio or such type of SMS and all , there's no need to worry about this and also in this case and requirement to work with the 2.1 beta instead of 2.0.0.68. In case, if working with the ALSA not PA, there shouldn't be much issues there ; choose appropriate and compatible ALSA sinks and sources..For example that work for echotest, as previous guide conversation.

Has someone from you gotten Skype 2.0.x running properly in the openSUSE 11.0 x86_64 environment ? (So far, I have done the installation the 'static' edition of the same and when I call, it shows as there is a issue with the sound evaluation)...

Obviously, it's a 32-bit application working onto the 64-bit environment so I suspect it's not finding specific libraries. Any suggestion would be feasible for me and also would be appreciated.

I am newbie for linux platform but I like the environment and as well as the security features of linux operating system . That's why I formatted the ysstem and installed the linux and I am using skype on that . skype 2.0.x static version in openSUSE 11 x86_64 but I am able to speak and get when I make some call out through the skype. Can you output more message when execute skype through the command line argument ?

When installed properly and using skype on my Linux based operating system as suse 11.0 64 bit I can get the sound from other side but I am unable to use my microphone as well . when I am going to plug the microphone, I can get my voice from the speakers (so microphone is going fine and is plugged properly ) but on the different side, I am unable to hear my sound .I even used a software to record my voice but there is no luck at the end and I am expecting for some fix for this ...

You have to start with the help of command line argument . You need to press the tab key to come up with the capture field. Go ahead with the right arrow key to enable the mic column. Just be sure about L R CAPTUR is displayed as red. If not, use the space bar.

Use the right arrow key to go to the capture column. Come up with the gain level actually past half method with the up arrow key. Use the space to associate the red L R capture indication to such type of column. Press Esc key to get exit from the panel. Try the mic again.

Initially , you have to Uninstall the complete pulse-audio except from libpulse0. And then after move to the Sound [Computer => More Applications] and within the Devices configures entire first four configurations to Alsa and the fifth to HDA Intel . Then move from Devices to Sounds and activate the software sound mixing

After doing all these , from [Computer => More Application] search for the Volume Control and in HDA Intel (Alsa mixer) => Playback => just be sure that Mic Boost is high supported . Then move from Playback within the Recording and be sure that both Capture configurations are implemented onto the top