Thread: Cannot open default e-mail folders in Outlook 2010.

Cannot open default e-mail folders in Outlook 2010.

I have installed Microsoft 2010 on my system and also configured the outlook to my emails according to the instructions given by the University of Liverpool and the csd department. But the problem is that when I am trying to open outlook it displays the message that cannot open default e-mail folders. I do not know why I am facing this problem but I need to know why I am not able to open the email folder. I just want to know why I cannot open default e-mails folders in Outlook 2010.

Re: Cannot open default e-mail folders in Outlook 2010.

I too have the same problem with Vista. I cannot open Outlook 2010. Upon opening Outlook, I have a window configuration outlook "with writing" configuration compass "inside, without having any possible action, and a window" connection to Microsoft exchange "with the message" Microsoft Exchange is not available "and three options: retry, cancel and offline. Clicking offline, a window with an error message opens: "Outlook could not connect.

I am not confident about the solution for this problem but you can try this for solving your problem. For that you have to go to C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ System \ MSMAPI \ 1036 Turn MSMapi32.dll in MSMAPI32.old And it works, I mean that the Outlook works . Try to follow these steps but if you having problem after this also then let me know about it. I will try to resolve the issues as soon as possible.

My problem is that Information on the server: Incoming mail server ( POP3 ): Outgoing mail server ( SMTP ): What right what I'm supposed to put in place of question marks? I mean I am having problem with vista. With this first answer, I was able to open Outlook, cool! Unfortunately, Outlook does not always load my mail because I cannot remove the exchange account. If you have any suggestion to this then please let me know about this.

For solving this problem you just go in to controls panel > E-mail accounts and then modify your account and exchange account to add a pop. It is impossible to create, edit, and delete an account if an exchange service outlook is still running (for sure not be made this manip after a restart while Outlook was not open yet) > Solution shot if not check into the manager spot that process OUTLOOK and MSMAPI32.

Thank you for the answer that you have created. It helped me to create a new account, the problem now is I have a hard hat simply remove the first account I have to exchange parameter and the problem is that I am not having the data backup for that account as I have deleted and created a new account of the neck I cannot even use I put it by default but it’s not work. Currently my operating system is windows 7

The best way is to make it in the directory C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office \ Office in command prompt. Then type the following command: Outlook / clearprofile. Then create a new profile and start. I hope that this will solve your problem but if you are having problem after configuring the system then explain your problem in detail so that I can understand what the root cause of your problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aabheer View Post
    The best way is to make it in the directory C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office \ Office in command prompt. Then type the following command: Outlook / clearprofile. Then create a new profile and start. I hope that this will solve your problem but if you are having problem after configuring the system then explain your problem in detail so that I can understand what the root cause of your problem is.
    I am facing the above problem when I open Outlook

"Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can syncronize your folders with your offline folder file."

I have tried to remove the profile and re-create it. The check mark in the Security to Encrypt Microsoft Exchange is there.

The only resoltuion to it is to reinstall the whole Outlook which when I do, the issue is resolved however that is not the ultimate solution as i work in a Banking company and face this issue every now and then. Can anyone help me find the actual root cause of the issue.

Thank You.

To solve the “Information store could not be opened” –error, I disabled the Compatibility mode on Outlook.exe

To disable the Compatibility mode on the Outlook.exe application, do the following:

1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your Office directory (default is “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14” for Office 2010, but your Office may also be installed in Program Files (x86) )
    2. Right click the Outlook.exe and choose Properties
    3. Click the Compatibility tab and UNCHECK the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option
    image thumb Outlook 2010 error “Cannot open your default email folders. The information store could not be opened”
    4. Click OK and try to launch Outlook again

If the Compatibility mode was not enabled, then your problem is caused by something else