Thread: old swf files not working with Adobe Flash player 11.1.102.55

old swf files not working with Adobe Flash player 11.1.102.55

As the title of thread is saying what I wanted to ask. I am using swf files to get 360 degree views of products. All of those files were working fine until I installed Adobe Flash 11.1.102.55. I am not having while viewing above mentioned files on the computer whether Flash in not updated. Can you tell me why I am suffering from the above mentioned problem?

Re: old swf files not working with Adobe Flash player 11.1.102.55

I have recompiled swf images by using latest version of Object2vr . after doing that swrf files started to display correctly on all the browsers.

In this particular situation I suggest you to add local files to trusted zone. You can perform following steps to do the same.

• From settings Manager Global Security Settings panel and click on pop-up menu and simply select Add Location.
    • Add Location will launch on the Screen. This box will contain C:\directoryname\filename.swf or /Users/directoryname/filename.swf kind of path.
    • It will tell you about file path which you are trying to communicate with Internet and it was stopped by Flash Player security.
    • You have to copy the path to Trust this location box if path is contain which you wanted to allow to communicate with Internet.
    • Click on Confirm button.
    • The location will be added for the Security Settings panel and Location are allowed to use older security rules irrespective of Always Deny or Always Ask options are selected from the top of Security panel.
    • Once you have done you should restart local SWF or FLV conten by simply refreshing browser or restarting the player.

If above mentioned solution did not working than I am suspecting that there are multiple path issues. You should use trace function to debug issue. I let you know that all the paths supposed to be relative to embedding of html location rather than SWF’s.

There are lots of people who are getting the same issue. so I have doubt that something wrong with Adobe Flash 11.1.102.55 itself. People who were roll back to previous version of Adobe Flash were not having the same problem. I recommend you should get the previous version of it and also contact Adobe technical support team to resolve the problem.