Thread: How to confirm MS Office 2010 Prof Plus Product Key is valid

How to confirm MS Office 2010 Prof Plus Product Key is valid

I have bought the Microsoft office 2010 Prof Plus Product key. It is working on Microsoft office professional plus 2010 Trial. I want to will this key that I have purchased is going to work on retail version of Microsoft office, if the trial period expires. I just want to confirm that the key is valid. Hence I want to know how to confirm MS Office 2010 Prof Plus Product Key is valid?

Re: How to confirm MS Office 2010 Prof Plus Product Key is valid

If you have bought an office 2010 retail license and got that with the product key, then by using this on your Microsoft office 2010 pro plus trial, you can tuned that thing into a retail version and no longer a trial. If you buy the media for office 2010 pro plus, it must be same that you are having in the trial and key that you are having must work. But I am not having the idea how you are going to get the media without buying another license.

Thank you for the reply but I am having one of those key and also the download line for office 2010, I was not having the idea that it was released. When I have paid for the key I was told that this is the genuine key. This key is working on Microsoft office professional plus 2010 Trial. But the thing is that I want to know whether the key that I am using is valid only for trial version or it can be used for full version.

It will be better if you can provide the information from where you have bought the product instead of finding out whether the key is valid or not. Normally Microsoft provides the product for business and also for the academic institutions but they are having an agreement with Microsoft. An employee can buy the product for their home use. If you have bought the key from any other source then there are chances that the key that you are having is the pirated one.

I have bought this key from ebay sale, and I have asked them that they are the Microsoft reseller or not, they replied that they are the genuine one. I think my question is clear, I just want to confirm that the key I am having can be used for full version or not. Is there any method that Microsoft is providing for checking the Genuine Microsoft Software, because if there is any then I can find out that I am using pirated product of the genuine product.

I will suggest you must ask for refund from ebay as soon as possible because as the description that you have provided I think you are using the pirated product of Microsoft. Microsoft is searching for the website those providing the pirated version of their product and banning those sites and also mark those keys as pirated ones or the illegal one. It will not going to happen today but I am sure that it will happen in coming weeks.

I am obvious about one thing that you were sold a MSDN product key and for your information these keys belongs to the subscriber and cannot be sold to another user. The other thing that you have asked that is Microsoft is having any website or tool where you can find out the authentication of the product. Well sorry to say that Microsoft is not having any such thing for confirming the authentication.