Thread: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 encountered an error during setup.

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 encountered an error during setup.

Finally I have got the chance for getting rid of office 2003 because I am having a copy of Microsoft office 2010. But the problem is that whenever I am trying to install this application software I am getting error. On top that no information related to this is not provide this not even an error code is give. Is there anyone who is having the idea about this problem that I am getting at the time of installation? I do not want to go back to 2003. I just want to know why Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 encountered an error during setup.

Re: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 encountered an error during setup.

I am not confident about the solution but you can try for this. Try to rename the folder of Microsoft help and after that install Microsoft office 2010. For renaming the folder you just need to Click on start and then go to all programs and then go to accessories and then go to run and then you have to type %Programdata% and after that just click on OK. Then you have change the name of “Microsoft Help” to “Microsoft help.old”. I am sure that this will solve your problem.

Thanks for the quick response but the problem is that I cannot fide the “help folder” anywhere in C:\programdata. The other thing is that I am having issues with programs that is being unable to write to Programdata. This can be done; only by administrator and I am not having access to that; according me this problem related to the take ownership, but I am not confident about this.

According to me you must configure the system in the clean boot for verify the Non-Microsoft application are causing the permission problem. You can search for the information on net for starting your system in clean boot. You must ensure that after trouble shooting you have restart the computer system in the normal mode. I am sure you will be able to resolve the issue.

I have got the perfect solution for this problem. You need to make an administrator account. After that log on then launch the installer. If you are receiving error messages for accessing ProgramData folder, then you have to use the TakeOwnership registry hack for taking control of the complete programdata folder. If there is requirement then you can create a folder with “Microsoft Office 2010 Tools” under %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu. That it after these setting you will be able to solve the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion that you have given I have tried the solution that you have given and also followed the solutions that are given on other sites but still I am getting error. I need help for installing this software application. Currently I am running Window 7 and using office 2007 and now I want to install office 2010 but getting the error and the error code is 1603.

I tried all the thing that are given, created admin account, uninstalled Microsoft office that I was using previously and also use the utility named as Microsoft FixIt and also used cleanC2R.exe but unfortunately nothing has worked for me. I am trying to install Microsoft office 2010 on my system and my operating system is windows 7 64 bit. Assistance is greatly appreciated.

I had the same error message when trying to install Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus. I was installing from a download from Microsoft. I got the "encountered an error" message with no codes. I tried all the recommendations I could find, renaming the help file...checking registry, creating a new administator account and everything and nothing worked. What DID work for me is I right clicked on the file in my downloads folder and looked at properties. When the box opened there was a message at the bottom stating "this file was downloaded from another computer and could contain harmful data". Then there was an option to unblock. I unblocked it and the install went fine after that. Not sure why that message was there...I had purchased the product directly from the Microsft web site and had entered a valid product key.