Thread: Error 1712 occurs during Microsoft office 2010 Beta installation

Error 1712 occurs during Microsoft office 2010 Beta installation

The first time I tried to install office 2010 Beta on my Windows 7 computer, something went wrong and computer hangs on me. It continued for about 10 - 15 minutes until I restarted the computer. On the second attempt, I tried to install it once again and this time it didn't hanged up but got a bsod. I have to reboot the computer once again to get it normal. I thought of to try it the last time before I conclude anything. But my luck was with me and this time nothing appeared. The installation started without any problem but then it gave me error 1712. I didn't exactly remembered the error message that appeared but it was something related to another installation that was in progress. What is this all about and how to solve it?

Re: Error 1712 occurs during Microsoft office 2010 Beta installation

Error 1712 occurs when the computer is trying to restore some files and it fails during the restoration procedure. It is clear that the office installation was not completed and so the computer was trying to restore it back as it was initially. This may occur if you the installation file is corrupted or does not completed the installation procedure successfully. Did you downloaded it from some warez site from the net?

This error may occur if you have multiple instances of the same setup running on your computer. I think the previous attempts of your installation didn't ended successfully and so it is still operation in the Windows processes. Its better to safely clean boot your computer in order to end all those processes. You can then try to install the office 2010 and I am sure it shouldn't appear again.

What do you mean by clean boot and how do I achieve that? And as I said I had already rebooted my computer but still nothing changes then how come your solution will work on my case? Moreover, I have also tried checking the registries to make sure if it isn't appearing over there. Still the same.

1. Log on to the computer by using an administrator account.
    2. Click Start button, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
    3. On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
    4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
    5. Click OK, and then click Restart.