Thread: Why don’t my Addins work in 64bit Environment?

Why don’t my Addins work in 64bit Environment?

I have installed the latest version of Microsoft Office 2010 and sorry to say that I am not fully satisfied with the performance of this application software. The reason I am saying this is because my Addins are not working in 64bit environment. I need these addins for my most of the work I am doing and if this application software is not compatible with the Addins that I am using then I am not going to use this software application. I just want to know why don’t my Addins work in 64bit Environment?

Re: Why don’t my Addins work in 64bit Environment?

Actually the thing is that Microsoft office 2010 comes in the 64bit flavor and the addins that you are trying to install on your system are designed for the 32bit machines. If you want the Addins to work with Microsoft Office 2010 then you have to contact developer or the vendor of the Addin and ask them to build the software for 64 bit environment. If you try to install the Addins that are build for 64 bit then I am sure that you will not face any problem.

I think I am also facing the similar problem. I have installed the module for the Microsoft office on my Windows 2003 server. The installation went smoothly. When I opened Word, a weird thing can be seen in alfresco toolbar. When I login to my serve, there are different reactions: The connection is made, but instead of having the “normal” window I am seeing a part of the window. Can you provide any solution for this problem?

Same thing here, when I have installed the Microsoft office plugin, and I run it in Word, Excel or PowerPoint, the login window is not complete. I mean some buttons are missing in the window that should be present at the bottom. One more thing I also want to install Alfresco in my Citrix environment; is there any restrictions or changes to achieve this. Any relate reply will be appreciated.

The first thing I want to know is that you are running window in which environment, I mean that you are running window in 64 bit environment or running window in 32 bit environment. This necessary to know because Microsoft office 2010 is only going to support those addins that are build for 64 bit environment. If you have any other problem then let me know I will to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

One question bothers me is that having set up synchronization with Active Directory on my server where the module does not work Office could cause this error? Is someone already doing this work? That is to say a Citrix server Alfersco synchronization AD and modif online and edit in Microsoft Office 2010? I need the solution for this problem, and it is urgent.

Apparently, after several hours of reading and testing, that we should make Internet Explorer the default browser to correctly use the Microsoft AddIns. This will definitely solve your problem of using plugins. But I need the answer for other question that I am having. I want to know has anyone ever used Alfresco Citrix? Because if anyone have used it then please let me know how is the working of this application.