Thread: How to see "most visited sites" on new tab in Internet Explorer 7

How to see "most visited sites" on new tab in Internet Explorer 7

Hello all, as I was having too many viruses in my pc due to which the Internet Explorer 7 was not working properly in my pc, I repaired my pc and removed all the nasties from the antivirus software. After the pc was repaired properly I noticed that, if I am trying to open a new page in IE7, it is not showing the most visited sites. So can anyone please tell me how do I turn on the most visited sites back in Internet Explorer 7?

Re: How to see "most visited sites" on new tab in Internet Explorer 7

You will have to press ctrl+q on your keyboard when you have too many tabs opened in Internet Explorer 7 and for that you should enable a tab opton to see all of them. If I remember correctly then there might be a option for ctrl+t for the internet explorer 7 beta. I think that you will need to have your first home page a local page which can then do a SendKeys() of that keystroke and then notify that you needed a new tab to reshow the first home page.

I think due to the reset of the Internet Explorer settings on your computer all
    previously visited websites on your system has been deleted. So it will obviously save the website that you visit next time automatically again. In case if you delete the files from the temp internet folder then all be lost again. To automatically use the settings, follow the below method:
    1. First open Internet Explorer
    2. Then click on Tools
    3. After that click on Settings under Browsing History in General Tab>> now select Automatically
    4. click OK.

This will let you save the website automatically that you have visited on every restart of the computer.

Incase if you are getting a blank page after selecting a new tab in an open window, or if you would like it set to show the thumbnails of your most recently visited sites, then read the suggestions given below:

1. You have to open Internet explorer
    2. Then you need to click Tools
    3. Then click on Internet Options and under the Tabs heading click the Settings Button, under “When a new tab is opened” make sure this hasn’t been set to ‘Blank Page”.
    4. Set it to “New tab page”.

Hope that helps

I think that I too have a similar problem, and I havent changed any settings in IE7, except turing my computer off as usual and then today in the morning switching it back on and finding out that all my internet explorer tab thumbnails is missing. After a long research I found out that it was a function enabled in google toolbar which no longer exists, however wish I could get it back.