Thread: Error "Installation of this package failed" and Microsoft Office Pro 2010

Error "Installation of this package failed" and Microsoft Office Pro 2010

I am getting "The installation of this package failed" error message when I try to install Microsoft Office Pro 2010 on my Windows Vista computer. I was initially using Office 2007 Compatibility pack along with Office XP on this computer. I have even disable my anti-virus but still nothing changes. Does anyone know what is happening to me?

Re: Error "Installation of this package failed" and Microsoft Office Pro 2010

Was it downloaded from net or you have the Office 2010 CD from which you are trying to install it? If it was a downloaded file then I would suggest you to re-download it once again and see if it works. It happened to some other user on the internet and it solved his problem. You may even try to clean the temp files and registry clean to remove all the traces of your previous installation of office xp. It should help somehow.

This is not a downloaded file. However, as you said I did tried deleting all the traces of the previous installation and installing the file once again but its still the same. I also tried to install it on another drive and didn't installed anything since then but no go. I don't think there is any problem with the installation file or cd that I have right now. Any other suggestions.

When you install an update, the package extracts the files to the %SystemDrive%\Temp folder. Moreover, Windows Installer caches two copies of the extracted files on the Windows system drive during the installation. Thus Windows system drive requires more free space to run the package. So, make sure that you have sufficient free disk space on the Windows system drive before you run the update.

Clean your system drive to keep enough free space for installation files. You can use CCleaner to remove all the temporary files from your computer. You can even increase the size of the system drive. You can even try to run the installer without extracting in order to avoid any further problems.