Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Is Proofing Tools Kit already available in Office 2010 package?

Windows Software

Old 29-07-2010

Is Proofing Tools Kit already available in Office 2010 package?

I am running Office 2010 MSDN edition installed on my computer. I need the office should support languages other than English. For this do I need to install Office 2010 Proofing Tools Kit or it already comes with the package and I just need to do some settings to get other languages? If it is not with the package then from where can I download it?

Old 29-07-2010

Re: Is Proofing Tools Kit already available in Office 2010 package?

Microsoft Office 2010 Proofing Tools is an add-in package supporting 30 other languages. It features spelling and grammar checkers, auto-correct lists, translation dictionaries, and for Asian languages it provides input method editors.
Old 29-07-2010

You can download this tools kit from Microsoft. It is an add-in package and so doesn't comes along with the Office 2010. At present it is not available for download because it is still under development phase; you will be able to download it when all the localization is finished for all Office languages. It is expected to reach within 1 month.
Old 29-07-2010

Yeah, its true that it is still not available for download and so you will not be able to download from anywhere except torrents. If you believe in torrents then go for it; otherwise you can contact your Microsoft representative for your Licensing contract directly for further assistance. But in my opinion its better to wait for Microsoft to release it officially rather than going for untrusted sources.
Old 29-07-2010

Once you have the proofing tools kit with you, you may be thinking of how to install it on your computer. Here are the steps involved in installing the Office 2010 Proofing Tools Kit on a single computer:

1. On the Office 2010 Proofing Tools Kit CD, run Setup.exe.
2. Read and accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then click Continue.
3. To install the proofing tools for all available languages, click Install Now. The installation will begin. Otherwise, to install individual languages, click Customize.
4. If you selected Customize, click the File Location and User Information tabs to change the information as needed. On the Installation Options tab, click the node (plus (+) sign) for the languages that you want to install, and then use the drop-down arrows to set the appropriate installation states.
5. Click Install.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,