Thread: Where in "Users" folder would Firefox bookmarks be stored?

Where in "Users" folder would Firefox bookmarks be stored?

I am having an issue with the Safari browser. Actually i wanted to empty my hard drive so i am taking the backup. But i am unable to find bookmarks of the safari and Firefox browser which i don't wanted to loose. I have looked over but could not found any place where can i get the same. So if you can then please let me know about the same. Thank you.

Re: Where in "Users" folder would Firefox bookmarks be stored?

To get the things working you have to search for Bookmark. Just make a search and you will get the Bookmark Folder. Now copy and past the folder where you wanted to make the back up of the data. This is the simplest way to get the back up of the Bookmark of your Firefox and Safari. Try this out and see whether it is working for you or not.

As per my knowledge you can get the same on the "~/Library/Application Support". The bookmark of all the browser is residing here only. So if you can then check out the ~/Library/Application Support and see whether you are getting it work or not. So go through the same and take the back up of your bookmarks.

To get the bookmark of the Firefox browser you have to go through the below given step that will let you know from where you can get the bookmark. So go through the same and find the solution.
    • Just Click on the Spotlight
    • Now type Firefox
    • Find the Folder under "Users/name/Library/Application Support"
    • Click the Bookmark Folder
    • Take back up

If you wanted to take the back up of the Safari browser bookmark then just het into the Spotlight and search for the Bookmark folder under the "Users/name/Library/Caches/Metadata". You will find the bookmark folder under Users/name/Library/Caches/Metadata. Just take the back up on any other media and enjoy.

I will advise you to contact the Apple regarding the issue which you are going through. I have also got the problem related to the same and to get rid of same i have contacted the Apple and got the proper solution about my problem. So asking you also you to submit your query on Apple support Forum and get the solution of your problem.