Thread: Windows Boot camp does not read Mac driver disk

Windows Boot camp does not read Mac driver disk

I have finished the installation of Windows on my Mac, but unable to install the Mac drivers.Whenever, I put the osx disk then it displays up as having 0kb and running with 0kb open memory allocation. I had done the installation of drivers without any issue before few weeks ago, but downloaded a virus and had to trash my Windows partition and start over. I am continuous on the phone with IT a number of times and they claim that the problem that you are defining is undocumented issue here and are now coming it to the attention of their experts. I have got few of the slightly same issues with windows displaying 0kb on here but nothing locating the problem with store purchased drivers.

Re: Windows Boot camp does not read Mac driver disk

Would you tell me how many CDs you are trying to use. First of all , you have to be sure about something like check out that may be you have installed the driver earlier and come out form this checking .. One thing more, have you tried to put both the disk that was provided with the system or just one ? Because according to me both of them running with the drivers loaded on them.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Autorun is mostly not functioning in the proper way or is switched off on the Windows side. And even if the disk displays as 0 KB which doesn't indicate that it has been worst to use now and nearly not usable anymore. Just put the DVD into the driver of the system, and then open the Windows Explorer (explorer.exe), search the folder that contains the drivers along with the installation file. You have to make double click on the installation file and it should work..

Thanks for such wonderful suggestion . I have used the same as before and even when I make the double click on the disk image, it starts to be opens with a window which should be displaying the Mac files within this , but it seems empty and states that the disk is now seems empty as well. It detects Windows disks completely . Is there a possibility that some option for Windows to get the Mac formatted disks is not activated on or not going on in absolute manner ?

I was having same problem before where I had put the driver disc and this would just ejected automatically . I have finished the formatting procedure of the partition and done the re-installation of Windows and the issue moved away a long .

Unfortunately, you already said that you have tried for the re-installation , so I don't have any idea about what different suggestion to provide you.

I am starting to suspect that you are suffering with some hardware related issues which is moving on with your system. By the way, for this moments, you need to try this:

Open the store purchased Leopard CD on the OS X side. If it opens fine at that position , navigate to where the drivers are stored and copy the directory onto the system desktop. If your Windows partition is properly formatted and as FAT-32 then in this case, you can go for the copying of directory direct to your Windows desktop. Boot to disk of windows XP and launch the installer.