Thread: OS 10.5 BootCamp not partitioning, says to reformat disk

OS 10.5 BootCamp not partitioning, says to reformat disk

I have just repaired my disk with the help of disk utility, and receive again 40 GB that had moved missing (sister switched off the machine while I was partitioning, 40 GB lost and not coming back). When I tried to go for the Boot Camp to create the partition of Windows device , it states :

"Your startup disk cannot be partitioned or restored to a single partition.

Back up your startup disk and use Disk Utility to format your startup disk as a single Mac OS Extendted (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the startup disk and try using Boot Camp assistant again."

Do you have any idea about this very situation..

Re: OS 10.5 BootCamp not partitioning, says to reformat disk

There is no such type of method through which you can create the partition of the drive as Apple Partition Map or this would not boot entirely . Intel Macs need GUID in the series to boot. I don't consider that the error message that you are looking is suggesting that your disk is not already partitioned in the absolute format, but is merely making sure that when you perform the reformation then you have to choose it properly . There is mostly some type of damage (mostly not permanent) to the disk from being interrupted mid-partitioning, and it is occurring the Boot Camp Assistant to fail in creating the partition.

You also able to try for the booting from your installation disk and executing repair disk from that location , but if it comes back without any errors message the only method to resolve. This may be to go through the advice suggested here. Back up your entire contents with the help of Time Machine or creating a backup application According to your option, format the disk as a individual volume, then do the restoration with the help of your backup and launch the Boot Camp Assistant again.

Since. I have already launch the disk repair and though that it can solve the issue according to the suggestion of your's but atlas I found there is no effect at all , I though, I will have to go for the reformatting procedure of the disk into a individual volume. There are some questions about that though.

1. How exactly would I format this ? It already display as single disk
    2. If I done the formatting of this, would my user's accounts stay the same?
    3. After formating, how exactly would I restore the backup?

Hey Shen,

Sorry but you are suggesting in incorrect way. Intel Macs done the booting process just well from Apple Partition Map drives. The Leopard installer would not allow you to go for the installation on an APM drive, and you are not able to install the Bootcamp on an APM drive. But if you create a bootable clone onto an APM drive then in that case, you can boot an Intel mac from it.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600