Thread: Japanese Macbook, English windows, reverts to US keyboard

Japanese Macbook, English windows, reverts to US keyboard

As the title stating all that , I am running with a Japanese C2D MacBook, that indicates it contains a Japanese keyboard. From OS X, it goes 100% fine without any issues .

However,from Windows XP SP2, Bootcamp 1.2, all windows updates, it is recognized / used as the US keyboard. For example., when you keep the shift in your hand and issue the number 2, on a Japanese keyboard then it must be displayed as " but it is getting displayed as @ that is the same as on a US keyboard. This is not looking as a big issue here as I am used to a US keyboard anyway, but there are some different buttons which don't work, but should.

Re: Japanese Macbook, English windows, reverts to US keyboard

I was just visitng on one of the forums and got the same issue as described here. he was just having the problems as he is running with a MacBook or MacBook Pro as well as a built-in JIS keyboard but the input method keys seems not feasible to work within the Windows XP environment .

The input method keys on the built-in JIS keyboard on a MacBook or MacBook Pro are treated as incompatible with the Windows XP system . You have to go for the external, localized JIS keyboard.

I have recently performed the installation of Eng Vista on my Japanese Macbook C2D and received the same issue here which is looking very weired . Unfortunately, my Japanese reading level is same as to a Japanese first grader, so via the suggestion will prove to be quite complex for me. Don;t mind, if you can provide me the details of all these things and actually what you are figured out right now and for somebody else who may have had such type of issue , I would really appreciate the same .

Thanks.

I have used already an external USB JIS keyboard and this didn't seems unable to do anything , however. Vista still treats as they are laid out in the English keyboard format, so the punctuation is within the incorrect destination and I have to go for the language bar to reconfigure the input methods rather than the built in keys. It seems very frustrating, though I think that I can work with this for now until a effective solution comes up.
    I have tried the same with an previously Mac Pro keyboard, the new slim aluminum type and a generic IBM compatible keybaord. Nothing working at all and after a lo of operation ..