Thread: Packagemaker command line on 10.6

Packagemaker command line on 10.6

I made a installer with the help of packagemaker UI and saved this as a pmdoc file. The package builds fine through the UI. But the problem is that when I issue the command suggested :

packagemaker --doc test.pmdoc -out test.pkg, I received the warning message stated as the package for my app has no choice assigned and the choice has no package ref.

When built the test.pkg doesn't have anything and has nothing to perform the installation procedure . I am just working with the packageMaker 3.0.4 which comes with the xcode 3.2.1 . Does someone here have any idea how the packageMaker would launch and work properly on 10.6 through the command line..

Re: Packagemaker command line on 10.6

Getting same issue also here with the PackageMaker. From the GUI, the packages are just moves in the hanging status from the left pane, and there are two cleaned options which don't refer to them. There is no apparent method to allocate the packages to the options. Just drag and drop is not working in proper way, and the context menu seems destroy in that and it has nothing to do with the selected components .

I am going to open up my application which was just performed the installation by the installer made with the PackageMaker. I can open this up with the help of a PostInstall script from the Package: component or by working with the Post Installation Actionfrom the Distribution after opening my application's file (MyApp.app)

But the issue occurred is that the application is opened right away and the user has not clicked to Close the button from the installer now . I need to know what would be the actual Mac Guideline and the absolute to go for the code/implement that property.

The MacOS X installer application (for whom PackageMaker is just the package builder) is not compatible to be run properly in the same method . If you could get this to run properly, you would have to hack this in some method . Perhaps open up a background process which polls the system and waits until Installer.app is no longer working at all, then launch the application. I am sure about any official releases method to accomplish the same as far as I know.

Thanks for your suggestion and cooperation, this resolution is the one I was afraid of .. This is more complex and seems very hacky. I will use different installers ready for the Mac OS X if you are not getting any elegant fix , For now I am going through cocoa for my primary application. I am not sure about the procedure to implement that type of solution.

There is not a lot placed there. Just remember one thing that Installer.app is the key/issue , not PackageMaker. There are so many different installer packages still supports and feasible with the Installer.app to perform the absolute and secure installation. The only third party that I am sure about this is WISE.