Thread: Mac OS 10.5 Special Characters Palette Won't Open

Mac OS 10.5 Special Characters Palette Won't Open

I am having an issue with the opening of the special character palette in iChat. I am unable to open the special character pallet by getting into the Edit and then to the Special Character. I can open the same with the help of the option and letter but it does not display the Map. So if any one can then please help me with the same. Thank you.

Re: Mac OS 10.5 Special Characters Palette Won't Open

To get rid of this you have to go through the International Tab which might can work with the issue of the same. Just get into the System Preference and then to the International Tab and then just see whether the Character Palette is selected or not. If not then select it and see whether it is working or not.

For resolving the issue you have to get into the Application folder and after that select Get Info pane and after that just go through the "Open using Rosetta" and check it. This will make the system work with the same. So try this out and you will definitely get the system of yours working with the issue of yours.

I have the same problem with the Mac OS 10.2 and to resolve the same i have performed the system restore from the Time machine back up and the problem related to the Special Character Palette and after that i have started working with the same. So if you can then just go through the same and see whether it is working or not. Thank you.

If nothing is working for you and you are still going through the same problem then i will advise you to contact the Apple regarding the " Mac OS 10.5 Special Characters Palette Won't Open" issue and they will help you with the proper replies as they might be aware of the same. So contact them and get the solution regarding your problem.