Thread: 3ivx Trial expired

3ivx Trial expired

Everytime I try to watch any .avi file or try to burn them, I get a message saying that 3ivx Trial expired. I dont get this issue when I try to view these files with the help of GOM player. I am not able to understand why this is happening. My computer is running the Mac operating system. Even if the file is burnt properly, when I watch that video, I can see a watermark on it, that was not present before burning it. I am waiting for suitable responses on this issue.

Re: 3ivx Trial expired

There is no need to worry if you are getting an error message as "3ivx Trial expired". The reason for this message is that the particular application that you were using for playing those files or for burning the videos were of a trial version. If you want to get rid of this message, then download the full version of the same.

You have mentioned that the GOM player is working fine with the particular AVI videos that you are trying to burn. So, it is recommended that you switch to that player. Uninstall 3ivx completely. Remember that no traces must be left in the system. I can assure you that you will not get any messages like 3ivx Trial expired after that.

It seems that the burning software that you are using for burning these files is also associated with 3ivx. So, it is also of a trial version. It is required that you purchase a full version of the same or change to some other burner software. Make sure that you buy or download a full version. It is better than keeping on changing softwares that are not full versions.

You have to make sure that the 3ivx Trial expired problem is not just related to the avi files. This is because only if such files are the reason for the issue, then you can simply convert the avi files to some other format. If the other formats work fine, then your issue is solved. Use any of the following softwares for going about with the conversion:
    1. FFmpegX
    2. Total Video Converter

I would recommend you to use the second one because it can be used to convert to any of the formats that you want.

All the avi files have been set to open with this particular application, that is 3ivx and it is a trial version, according to the error message that is being flashed out to you. Anyways, first of all, you need to uninstall this player and after that, set all the files to be opened with any other player, may be the Gom player that you already have in your system. You wont face any problems hereafter.

Uninstalling 3ivx did the trick. I did not get the full version of the same, but am using the GOM player as mentioned in my post above. I am not getting any sorts of error messages ever since the uninstallation has been done. Also, I have downloaded a new burner software, a full version one and removed the older one. So, I have also eradicated the problem of the watermark that I was encountering after burning the particular videos.