Thread: Running Windows Media Center in vmware fusion

Running Windows Media Center in vmware fusion

I got a Media Center with my PC (Win 7 + WMC) and I want to play music from my Media Center on my MacBook Pro. I managed to be displayed by the network folder on my PC on my MAC, but I have no idea how I could share my library from my mac MAC OS X on my Windows Media Center. (Just as we share an iTunes library Mac / PC, but Windows Media Center without using Boot Camp). So i want to know that how to running Windows Media Center in vmware fusion ?

Dr. V Guest

Re: Running Windows Media Center in vmware fusion

One of the novelties of this VMWare Fusion 2 beta 2 Unity is now in version 2.0 . Let us remember that Unity can melt the Windows desktop in the Mac OS X can now run Windows applications from a Mac OS X , to synchronize the My Documents folders and documents and ensure the sharing of clipboard up to 4 MB In addition to taking snapshots of the virtual disk as already allowed a Fusion , Fusion 2.

In fact Windows Media Center is an optimized version of Windows XP PRO SP2 in order to provide a solution for operating system more oriented multimedia.Tu not accede to truly revolutionary features , but they are better developed. For example you have optimized Movie Maker 2.1 , a creator of powerpoint express the optimal management by remote control, audio burning instant review , the encoding of video files ( wmv ) improved, etc.

VMware Fusion I hesitate not to say it is one of the best software I have to test on Mac OSX for all categories. This is an app that allows you to run Mac OSX on a machine with an Intel-based operating system foreign to the heart of a virtual machine, not only Windows (98 , ME, XP) , but also Linux, Solaris, Chrome OS... Installing Fusion can no longer simply being limited to practically run the installer , choose the destination disk , enter the serial number and that's pretty much it. We insert the original CD of its operating system.

Dashboard allows you to configure the operating system Fusion very sharp . You can share files seamlessly with the Mac that is on the floor below , adjust the size of the RAM, hard disk size allocated to Windows. I had given 5GB in a first draft and it has not proved sufficient. As I could not ( failed ) resize the partition dynamically in Fusion , I had thought to increase the cursor in the dashboard there is nothing . It took my mind to delete my partition and start allocating 7Go , the minimum with SP3.

I installed my PC and I use it so perfectly smooth and transparent . Now my Dell Mini has a dual function . It is a PC that is also a Mac OSX Leopard is also a PC running Windows XP Pro . I am able to use Mac or PC software by turning a simple software emulation . Needless to say I highly recommend VMware Fusion : Ease of installation.