Thread: Bugs with Blackberry Storm 9500 latest software version (5.0.0.451)

Bugs with Blackberry Storm 9500 latest software version (5.0.0.451)

I have been running with some reoccurring bugs that is actually creating the frustrating environment for phone !! I find out the issues in the situation :

1. When I enter my password to unlock the phone "null pointer exception" error message comes up on the screen. I can use the phone however after clicking on the OK button..

2. When I get a new unread text then it come up in the Inbox but I am unable to seem to browse this and it doesn't matter how many times I used to do this and clicked on this to do. I have restarted the phone and still having the same issue . The only method through which I can open them in the end is if I used to send a composed message to the another user, and the entire text conversation displays , the unread message showing at the bottom.

Re: Bugs with Blackberry Storm 9500 latest software version (5.0.0.451)

In this scenario, we can go for reloading the software on the BlackBerry smartphone to be sure that it is functioning with the newest version and there are no problems with the operating system.

For doing this , we would required to back up the BlackBerry smartphone. You have to just open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and plug in your BlackBerry smartphone. Click on the Backup and Restore button and choose another section as Back Up. Please just remember the destination of the driver where the backup is has been stored and going to save as we will require to retrieve this later to perform the restoration of BlackBerry smartphone.

I have performed the same as you suggested me to do and I have completed everything to do ..I got some other issues in between these operation or at the end of the operation you suggested me .

1- I clicked on the message but it displays an previously text either myself or that recipient transfers previously , and does not stop at the end section of the text which I was getting.

2. When I get new texts and I click to move for checking inbox it does not display the new texts. I need to scroll up to get them and are not automatically displayed , so I don't primarily though that I am running with multiple new and unread text!

Please suggest me some effective information to solve this out ..

Once you finish the back up procedure of your BlackBerry smartphone the go through the below instructions to clean reload of the BlackBerry smartphone software.

Before starting the processing , just be sure that the newest version of BlackBerry Device Software has been installed on the system by finishing these steps:

- Launch the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    - Click on the Help button => About BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    - Click on the Device Software tab form the wizard .
    - Verify that the BlackBerry Device Software showing newest version available from the wireless service provider.

I have had problems in the same way...more to perform with my speed dial numbers. i decided to go for the updation and found after that the speed dial numbers not working at all and when I continuously pressed the #3 key it prompts me if I need to allocate a speed dial to the #5 key.

I moved for the cleaning of the memory. Had it in to my local Telus store and their main tech has performed master cleaning . He is unable to figure this out. The only thing that has not been performed includes a sledgehammer. I have also done the re-installation of the 4.7 software and that makes the phone work completely again but its response time is so worst, that seems as a big disappointment when I purchase the phone especially after my wife purchased her iPhone.