Thread: Microsoft project for mac

Microsoft project for mac

I am using a Mac desktop with Mac OS X. I work on Microsoft Project in my office. I have a Mac system in my home and for some work I am looking for a equivalent software that can give me same support and service as Microsoft Project give. The tool is really very functional for large project work. I does not want simple tool for basic project but same support that Microsoft Project gives.

Re: Microsoft project for mac

I use xTime Project and this is the most similar tool to Microsoft Project. I find it appropriate for our management skills. I work for Multimedia and this tools is really helpful for all kinds of project management. The course is offered under MS Project and I use this on my Powerbook. This one is the most compatible one for mac and gives you lots of option for project work.

I have not figured out how to make a correspondence between several projects. The risk of putting a resource on multiple projects at the same time is not supported. This must be done is the same and when you have 5-6 projects at the same time, it becomes very tedious. This is the issue which I found in xTime project. There is lots of features and support provided on the other hand.

The software xTime Project allows you to easily keep control of your projects. It allows you to calculate just how much time you spend on a project and how much it costs you. The software interface is simple and intuitive. It provides help you to control and organize your projects. It is also possible to produce graphs for presentations pushed the project to your colleagues or your customers.

The best thing about xTime is that it supports MS Project files. And you can share files between Mac and Windows. The software works on java platform and it also works on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. The best deal is that it works for project stakeholders and you can simply see the project details. So you have a powerful tool with a solid setup to display free any Microsoft Project file.

You can try Microsoft Project viewer. It is a best tool and it helps you to save money simply by buying a full software. There are many fans on the market, some freeware and some commercial, but only some of them are really good. Project Viewer is not the best viewer MS Project, but it has the best value for money. There other tool is MOOS Project Viewer.

The MOOS Project Viewer is a nice tool for the same purpose. You can open all files and Microsoft Project in that like MPP, MPT, XML, etc. And it also works in collaboration with 2000, 2003 nd 2007 version of MS Project. It has a easy to use interface. Projector is available free for holders of a license Xtime and it retrieves the files. It is designed for projects and tasks fairly simple, it works in conjunction with iCal, Address Book and MobileMe.