Thread: Mac file manager

Mac file manager

I am looking for a file manager software for Mac. I am not sure which one to use. There is a system utility on mac provided but that gives out a very basic function for working for the same. I had looking in google and I am not getting which one to use for the same. Is there any portable tool which can help me to manage my files on Mac OS X. If that is a free tool and then will be much better. Thanks.

Re: Mac file manager

You can try Xplorer. It is a file manager with dual panel for all Windows platforms. It helps you to regain control and be more effective in your daily management issues. The File Manager of Windows explorer, not what is best. There are several other very interesting, and among these, Xplorer2 stands for and you can manage your daily files in that. You can download it form any site.

For you at starting Xplorer will be the best to use. The best thing about this software is that it comes with a dual display panel and tabs. It has more function as compared to any other file explorer software. The tool is light and fast and works well on mac. You can also use toolbars for customizing the application. The file manage shows out the different file formats well with extension.

From the first use of Vista, something that stands out is the new look of course making extensive use transparency effects popularized by Mac OS and some versions of Linux. Between Windows Explorer and Mac OS Finder, the latter still holds the string thanks to her left sidebar clearer than his counterpart PC. However, Vista has made great progress, due for example to integrate a search bar finally functional.

There is one more tool called muCommander which allows you to manage your files in a sleek interface and very practical. muCommander has very practical benefits, it allows for instance to modify the contents of a zip archive without having to re-compress it supports 22 languages and can run on any operating system with Java technology.

I am using Xplorer2 Lite which is a file explorer free tool. The first highlight of the program lies in the fact that it offers a dual display panel. This benefit will save you having to open two windows of Explorer when you need to move a large number of files in different folders. Second strength, not least, Xplorer2 lite is able to display a thumbnail preview for the main image formats (Pro version is also capable of displaying a preview of Office or PDF files).

Xplorer comes with lots of new features. It comes with a integrated FTP client and you can use copy paste much powerfully than in any other explorer. Synchronization of directories is possible for that. If you do not have a zipping option then you can directly unzip a file form the explorer. You are also provided with a script from where you can execute list of commands.