Thread: Facebook Application - cannot connect

Facebook Application - cannot connect

I have finished the downloading of Facebook application and it has been accomplished from the Blackberry official site. Anytime, I try to plug then always getting an error message as
    "A connection cannot be established to the Facebook server"
    I have checked all the possible way where it can be raised and also checked with my company and they stated me that they don't block the use of any applications on Blackberries. Any advice regarding this issue would be appreciated ?

Re: Facebook Application - cannot connect

Yes ! There is little bit thing that you are just missing here and you have to repair all these things. Actually, you require to much around this to get it functioning properly .

1. Just made enable your service for blackberry web, that will send down that IPPP for 5 click.

2. Remove your desktop IPPP service record , skipping just that other IPPP record.

3. Done a hard resetting . (just be sure the device is enabled when you take battery out)

I am getting frustrated now and also running with some confusions here . I am also having the same issue here and also read out the suggestions that you had given to me. I am not getting that properly ,so could you describe this in detailed I am not getting any way to make it enable - Where do I "enable the service for blackberry web"? Do I open up the web browser and one thing more What is the IPPP?

The issue about which you are just discussing and it seems just as your security settings are blocking you from getting this one page to see you . You should launch up the internet explorer and then click on the tools placed at the top of the browser window . Go for that and then click on the internet options, and then security check to be sure about the settings are configured at medium level or what .

I have had such issue and it is going on for a long time,I have also tried to find out the effective answer for this and tried all the possible thing but nothing happened . Smaller pictures sometimes going fine . Today , I got this to upload a larger image by moving to the mobile website (not via the facebook application) and finished the uploading of pictures there and it was fine . Not simple as this would be if the application worked, but atleast I could upload the desired photos to facebook ! Hope this works for you.

This is the message that I am having continuously when I need to find on my browser.
    "A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persist contact your service provider."
    Have you got any solution for this one user ? Can somebody suggest me ? I have only had my Black Berry for two days so I am pretty new for these things.

Fine, this is the step by step fix that I did to resolve this issue :

1. Move to the options => advanced options => host routing table
    2. Â Press the option button which is treated as the blackberry symbol onto your device, a little menu should displayed up..
    3. Choose Register Now

You have to wait for some times, then move onto your Facebook application, that should be functioning now.