Thread: Adobe provides optical profile creator

Adobe provides optical profile creator

Hello,
    It was recently announced by adobe that the new function of optical correction in Lightroom 3. These profiles will be used in Photoshop CS5, Lightroom and a second time with Camera RAW. This profile will take into account three elements: the geometric distortions, chromatic aberrations and vignetting. The creation of these profiles is done by photographing a checkerboard, then converting the images to DNG format RAW (or JPEG / TIFF) before opening in Lens Profile Creator. What do you think about this?

Re: Adobe provides optical profile creator

For pro photographers and serious amateurs if it will still revolutionize their practices. There were already two apps that made it but it is not used for anything else (PTLens) or they hurt all the rest (Dxo) Now integrated with the power and possibility of PS and RS is a real bomb. I am excited to see everything with the other new PS CS5 and LR 3. Anyway, with this vintage for us photographers, Adobe overwhelms us. Like what, despite what some say Adobe is still in the game and always makes quality products.

This is definitely a good product, but a very small detail (as usual at Adobe) at what price, those go to PS CS4 or LR2 recently it will have spend some more dollars. It could not finally do, compatibilities free (even partial) to CS4 or LR2. For many it back a bit more serious to the mark (small war Flash / Apple)
    More information on both is here
    Adobe lens profile creator

I wonder how much they will sell a software like this? Because I do not think it revolutionizes photography. (Am I wrong? I'm not really rests on the subject) In any case, their product is still growing component.
    Here is the comparison
    Adobe lens profile creator competitors

The software is completely useless for any photographer with good optics, which is very rare and becoming rarer (good light), except for some brands. A course where the prices are sometimes stratospheric, but where it is used at full aperture aberration, distortion and vignetting other being always negligible. However given the general mediocrity of the production of optical, that most opticians do not bother correcting it to the user and the computer to do is what I regret. It is true that the amateur photographer is satisfied with a zoom lens 24-300mm transtandard opened at 5.6 and 6.3 and with everything you need as a disease at any focal length, in which case this type of software is of course welcome with regard to corrections of defects.

The most important thing is to characterize these unique optics, it's awesome because unlike what ordinary people think, industrial production is far from being identical in optical. A correction has perfectly suited her approach is great!

This is yet another good app over at Adobe. You really have their fingers crossed that this company never falls into the hands of Apple. Otherwise, there will be more creative with their eyes to weep. Apple buy Adobe? Unless she fails to remove Flash, this would be a lot of money wasted. Apple may select target markets and dominate them quickly and outrageously. Just do the right things.