Thread: Easy Backup Wizard not detecting gamecube discs

Easy Backup Wizard not detecting gamecube discs

I tried a program called CloneCD, but when that was not working I try Easy Backup Wizard.

But I cannot get it to detect any of my GameCube discs at all that i want to make copies of. I insert it into the drive and... nothing happens. The drive doesn't even attempt to read it and neither does the program and it just sits there.

Help??

Re: Easy Backup Wizard not detecting gamecube discs

First of all you cant run gamecube discs on the computer and secondly it is illegal to do so, however there are some software that can be used to run it. I cannot provide you with the steps on how to run gamecube discs on computer but you can search for the Full Gamecube backup/load tutorial v1.0 on the net and try it yourself.

How so is it illegal? I only want to make a backup for private, personal use.

And it... can't read gamecube discs? But I thought there was software out there that could read them?

It does not work because those disc are copy right protected. So the tool fails to create a backup of the same. Here you need a ISO burning application. Try any open source one. For that you can use CloneCD, DVD Decrypter or MagicISO. Just download any one of them and then burn it out. This tools will directly burn the gamecube disc data on a different disc or just you can create a ISO tool for the same.

But I did use CloneCD, yet for some reason it is not reading the disc? I left it on all night and when I checked again in the morn it just said it was still "waiting" for the CD/DVD reader

Gamecube disc are DRM protected. And you cannot copy them out. It is really hard to backup the same. There is a tool for that called as NGCDEV Ripper. Other option is DOL - GC-ISO Grabber which needs a memory card, a Gc-iso Grabber tool, riptool.dol and viperripmulti.dol. The setting is bit difficult so for that if you can go on youtube and look on some video then that can give you a great help.

So this software can copy/rip/backup an image directly from a GameCube disc inserted directly into the computer's CD drive, playable on an emulator?

The process for copying the gamecube disc is a bit issue. Because of the copyright protection it not easy to rip the disc. For that first get QOOB PRO. It is a mod chip for your Gamecube and you will need to solder this on your dveice. Then get some mini dvd and flash the QOOB PRO using Qoob Bios 1.3c. After that you can directly burn the iso image of your games via nero.