Thread: Converting VMWare Fusion install of Windows to Parallel

Converting VMWare Fusion install of Windows to Parallel

After installation VMWare Fusion, restarting my Mac on your bootcamp partition: If possible, do it when windows starts without crash. Failing that, use winclone to create an image of your bootcamp parition and then restore it on the same partition, if the system starts without crashing, it's finished. If the system crashes (what happened), restart and run OSX on Parallel, normally it will automatically recognize your bootcamp partition and the "edit" to make it compatible with Parallel, I do not know why but the change that fact makes the system usable Parallel with bootcamp. Any idea?

Re: Converting VMWare Fusion install of Windows to Parallel

Parallels Desktop, comes with a utility specialized in this task. It can also import the contents of a post and save it as a virtual machine. VMWare also incorporates this feature. Overall, imports of virtual machines from Parallels Desktop and VMWare Fusion works well. This poses more problems with VirtualBox cons, which can import / export virtual machines only OVF format (read: The Sun's VirtualBox update for FVO). A format specially developed to facilitate such exchanges, but is still managed by its competitors.

Before performing the tests on our three virtual machines, we have done everything possible to achieve in the fairest possible conditions. We used the latest versions available for download as of December 28 namely 3.01 for VMWare Fusion, Parallels Desktop for version 5.0.9308 and version 3.1.2 for VirtualBox. On each virtual machine, we installed Windows 7 Professional. We used the same settings of a virtual machine to another 1GB of RAM (except for tests related to games), use of a single core processor.

We have conducted several tests including theoretical Geekbench, a program that focuses primarily on the performance of processor and memory. First surprise: it VirtualBox that comes first, so that both commercial software are held in a pocket handkerchief. Under CineBench, Parallels Desktop is needed quite clearly on its competitors, regardless of the test. Note that this is the only one who was able to use graphics acceleration for OpenGL test. Finally, we used Peacekeeper, which assesses the performance of a web browser. Again, Parallels Desktop, which comes first.

I play with a very nice product called VMware Fusion, a software that allows little whimsical turn of strange operating systems in a big Mac. The resulting "virtual machine" (VM), waterproof shells, where the environment is not the Mac OS X, but Windows XP, Vista, Ubuntu, etc.. The benefits flow from the source for a "mac-user" who needs occasional click in Windows or Linux, that as part of his work or simply for pleasure.

Once installed Windows VMs, Fusion allows you to play in the Office applications directly from Mac OS X, like any "mac-software" (I tried my luck with Ubuntu, but without success). To do this, simply press the "Unity" at the top of the window. To return to "traditional window" (second screenshot), just go click on "single window" to "View" menu. Very fun! I do not know who had the idea first, the other day, I found it was also available in Parallels Desktop, a competing product.