Thread: Error importing a catalog in Lightroom3

Error importing a catalog in Lightroom3

On trying to importing one catalog into an additional, a "Preparing to import" message come into view for a split second, then LR3 raises the following error: "Lightroom might not import this catalog for the reason that of an unknown error." Independently, every catalog opens extremely well in LR3.As a test; I went back to the backups of the two catalogs as they were previous to being upgraded to LR3 catalogs. (I completed these backups presently previous to installing LR3.) Using LR2 to import one catalog into the additional works presently extremely well. So moreover I have done something stupid or this does seem to be an problem with LR3.

Re: Error importing a catalog in Lightroom3

A small number of reports are cropping up and being investigated. Be able to you give pleasure to verify: Your operating system. Did you have comprised several plug-ins installed in moreover version or description at several time. Are several of the photos duplicated in together catalogs that you be familiar with of. Optimistically, the additional information in sequence we gather, the quicker the engineers is able to figure out what's occurring. I imagine they are the entire tucked up at the moment, extremely wisely.

You keep in mind in Columbo, when somebody would say "I do not be familiar with if this is significant, additional than" and you presently knew that they were regarding to give a vital clue. Well, I do not be familiar with if this is significant, additional than I recently switched apparatus, and the catalogs had previously been on a different system (working with Windows XP) and on which I had the LR/Mogrify 2 plug-in installed under LR2. I rarely used the plug-in, and have not bothered installing it on my present system. So perhaps there is some residual custom metadata in the catalogs, even though I do not presently have any LR plug-ins installed.

Anything's probable interesting to be familiar with we have not ruled out the opportunity, in that case. I was in addition unable to import my catalog from beta into Version 3. Windows 7 operating system. I was capable to export my individual folders as catalogs and they import those. It worked and having merely 6 folders made it acceptable.

I have immediately completed an additional test. As previous to, I am using catalogs that had formerly been LR2 catalogs, which have been comprised and upgraded to LR3 catalogs and which open extremely well independently in LR3. This time, I tried importing one catalog into an additional where there were no pictures that previously exist in together catalogs. By means of this pair of catalogs, the import works extremely well in LR3. So it seems that the existence of duplicate pictures is significant.

The source catalog in this test was the similar as the one used initially (which led to the error). The destination catalog (the one that's open when I decide to import the source catalog) was dissimilar to the one used initially. (It was selected for this test for the reason that it has no photos in common by means of the imported catalog).

My technique was that I upgraded the Lightroom 2 catalogue, and then tried to significance the Lightroom 3 beta catalogue. Importing the catalogue, and importing an exported catalogue of the entire the Lightroom 3 beta pics together failed. Duplicates absolutely seem to be a factor, as it frequently failed during the 'searching for duplicates' phase. Additional than when I did a less important export of pictures not duplicated in the most important catalogue, the import of that failed in addition. I was trying additional variations additional than ran out of time and had to go to work.