Thread: Can't install KIS 2010 - Dont have the required permissions

Can't install KIS 2010 - Dont have the required permissions

I have done a clean install to the Windows 7 operating system and am trying to get a security tool for my system. Many of my friends recommended to go with Kaspersky Internet Security. Well, the weird situation that I am encountering is that I can't install KIS 2010. I get an error message saying that I Dont have the required permissions for the installation. I am not able to understand why this is happening because I am log in from the administrator account only. Moreover, my system has only one user account. If anyone knows why this is happening, then kindly help.

Re: Can't install KIS 2010 - Dont have the required permissions

The problem that you can't install KIS 2010 has already been resolved on our forums. Have a look at the following threads to know about the solution regarding the same. I hope that they will prove to be of some help to you:
    1. Unable to Install Kaspersky IS 2010
    2. Kaspersky 2010 wont install

If you are not required to get the solution for what you are searching for, then just reply here about the same.

The user account that you are login with is just an account that you have created. The Administrator account remains hidden. While creating this account that you are using, you may not have provided the required rights to do the installation of such security tools. This is why you can't install KIS 2010 and you are getting a message saying that you dont have the required permissions. Providing the required permissions will do the trick.

According to me, the Windows 7 operating system is blocking the installation of the particular antivirus software from happening. This is not a problem, but just a security feature that Windows 7 provides. The situation that you can't install KIS 2010 can be bypassed with a built-in option, that is Run as Administrator. You will find it when you right-click on the setup of this software. The installation will be forced to start.

Many of the applications and programs are blocked during the installation in the Windows 7 operating system. Sometimes the reason can be an incompatibility problem. Now, you will have to make sure that this antivirus software is compatible with Windows 7 or not.

Search for the system requirements of the same on the web and you will get the required information. If Windows 7 is not shown among the platforms supported, then you will not be able to go about with the installation.

If an incompatibility problem is resulting in the issue that you can't install KIS 2010, then search for the compatibility tool for the antivirus. All the applications and programs that have such issues with Windows 7 are provided with such tools. If you install this tool before the software is installed, then all the required settings will be done for the software to be installed in Windows 7.

The "run as administrator" option did the trick of forcing the installation of KIS 2010. Well, not only this antivirus software. There were many other applications and softwares that were not able to run or install in this operating system. The simple use of this option helped me to run or install these applications and softwares. Recover my Files is one of these applications that I have been able to work with in Windows 7.