Thread: Update Error: Error Connecting to update source

Update Error: Error Connecting to update source

I am working on Windows XP Pro SP3 and using KIS 8.0.0.506, I have already done the update with the help of update links when I installed this first time, It is finished but malicious script still using Feb 12. After finishing all this , why I am unable to do the update to update source? This is the error message attached with this.

According to me, My KIS finished downloading of u0607g.xml, but why still error connecting to update source are getting appeared ..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Update Error: Error Connecting to update source

KAV 2009. I have updated with the new from KAV 7.0. I continuously been trying all times of the day and this process is in continuation near about one or two week with nothing else running. I have another group of six different machines installed with the Kaspersky that will run out over the another few months.

It's fine going that you are trying to get the help, but because of the unsupported behavior from Kaspersky tech support is rapidly making me an ex-customer.

I had the similar issue, literally near about last week too... weired , According to me, there is something should be going on with the update servers? I don't have much sure information about this currently about this but once I had upgraded with KIS2010 and I have not had update problem but apart from testing the functionality of your firewall which your internet is not shows as the public, theres nothing else that was advised to me before being told to go for the upgrade..... Some of the experts suggested me for the configuration about unchecking the proxy option in the updater configuration ? Plus do you otherwise have a completely functioning connection...excluding the KAV update related problems ?

No, I don't think this is related to the connection . As about the connection, I am running well with the connection , but I would not be able to find out this "proxy option" until I find to work where the offending system is. That will be about an hour from recent date (10:00 AM EST)

Can you provide me more information about the procedure to find this ? The working computer is the only one on the Internet and I would rather not move on line until the program updates in proper way.

Anybody here have any idea to solve out this very issue ? I am trying to do the update of my version stated Kapersky internet security which came with the bundled w/ my Parallels Desktop 4.0 for Mac system . The Knowledgebase stated to "open the C:\Windows\System 32\Drivers\etc\hosts", but when I moved there and clicked on the System file, it is not configured in the way through which I can do specific operations . I am not getting any "System 32" there . It seems as following :

For 16-bit application support
    [drivers]
    wave=mmdrv.dll
    timer=timer.drv
    [mci]
    [driver32]
    [386enh]
    woafont=dosapp.FON
    EGA80WOA.FON=EGA80WOA.FON
    EGA40WOA.FON=EGA40WOA.FON
    CGA80WOA.FON=CGA80WOA.FON
    CGA40WOA.FON=CGA40WOA.FON

So, I have tried to associate the statement , "93.191.13.100" (according to the Knowledge-base article) at the end and saving this but that is not working at all. I have tried associating that same statement after [driver32]which didn't work. I also have tried associating the statement suggested "93.191.13.100 updates.pis.parallels.com" after [driver32], but no luck at all. Anyone have some idea to get this finish..

Hello,

If you still running with the issues for the same then you are able to perform the installation of this for Windows as explained here:

1. Please launch up your created Virtual Machine,
    2. Move to the program location C:\Program Files\Parallels\Parallels Tools\Applications\Parallels Internet Security\
    3. Execute the exe file 'pis_setup.exe' file.