Thread: Microsoft Word acting funny after install of KIS 2010

Microsoft Word acting funny after install of KIS 2010

After installation of KIS 2010 when I am modifying a file within Microsoft Word 2007, I continuously having the message "Saving the AutoRecovery file is postponed for "< my filename>"

Then after , when I got quit from the Microsoft word file, sometimes a receive a white screen for many seconds. Is this a Kaspersky occurring the issue according to you ? Do you have idea through which I can get my auto-recovery files saving again within Word?

Thanks!

Re: Microsoft Word acting funny after install of KIS 2010

I recently hit a major issue with PDF-Xchange viewer consuming near about 30 secs at 50%CPU usage to close down. After doing a lot of testing, I figured out the only solution was to uninstall the KIS now.

Having finished that I then done the installation of the same again but using a fresh downloading which seems apparently the same version and the time to exit the program moved down within 1 second at 30% CPU load. The reason for reporting it here is that this new installation resolved the issue of the Word autorecovery save.

I am also having sharing violation errors when going to save the Excel 2007 document . The only method through which I can save the files is to do a Save As, then tell this to overwrite the "other" user's changes. This behavior being at the same time as the Word issue , For example . immediately after performing installation of KAV 2010 on Windows XP system.

Initially, installed on Friday 6 from file kav2010_9.0.0.736en.exe, that I was prompted to finish the downloading by the older version of the program. The following day I move direct for the website and reinstalled using kav9.0.0.736en-uk.exe, that has a slightly different file size but that didn't fixed the issue .

KIS2010 b736 / Microsoft Office 2007. running with both these problem with Excel and Word, I have associated them both to Settings > Threats & Exclusions > Exclusions > Trusted Applications. It seems to have stopped the issues.

This is different work-around which I got with the Excel was to Pause te Protection in KIS just before issuing Save command. Once i finished the saving procedure, Resume Protection. However, listing Excel to Trusted Applications has sorted the requirement for this..

Hi Big ,
    I also seem to have this issue of not auto saving files and the program crashing when going to access the thesaurus, but listing the word 2003 to Settings > Threats & Exclusions > Exclusions > Trusted Applications would not go form any functionality . Although stating that I did found a very brief glimpse of the thesaurus before the program got crashed in the same way as previously. Are Kaspersky have any solution or if you all have any suggestion regarding the same ?

Just go through the following procedure :

1- The simplest method is to just start the Word and then after launch up the Kaspersky application..
    2- Click on the my Security Zone and then after Application Activity (just right after the graph) and be sure that the top box is displaying as it is running properly . Click on status for Microsoft Word and then Custom in the drop down list.
    3- Click on the Exclusions and then enable the check as Do not monitor application activity then after click on OK button etc.