Thread: Adobe Extension Manager doesn't install extension for Fireworks...

Adobe Extension Manager doesn't install extension for Fireworks...

Hey guys ! Help me.. I am trying to install a grid extension for Fireworks. I have used this to download from two separate sources and install this with the help of Extension Manager. Whenever, I go do this, I received the same error message as:

You do not have the appropriate permissions required to perform this operation. Contact your system administrator to obtain permission.
    I have installed using Windows Vista on my PC and I am the only one user running with this system means it's personal for me.

Re: Adobe Extension Manager doesn't install extension for Fireworks...

I am suffering with the same issue but I am running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I have done the installation as Administrator permissions and the option to make right click and run as Administrator does not exist. What should I do after this ? I am unable to install any extensions right now but I can install them for Dreamweaver though. I am working with the Adobe CS4 Web Standard updated to the newest revisions.

I also have same issue trying to install a category of extensions for fireworks. I have controlled to get past the grants issue but it then flatly refuses to go for the installation of any extensions. The below explored message comes up :

Can't copy file
    'C:\Users\BCA\AppData\local\temp\SmartPunch-031_mxi\SmartPunch-031.mxi' to 'C:\ProgramFiles\Adobe\Adobe Fireworks CS4\Configuration\Extensions\SmartPunch-031.mxi'. The extension will not be installed

It happens, that there is not matter what extension, you are installing .I have windows vista OS with the help of web premium cs4. Any suggestion would be appreciated !

Thanks

For me I eventually fixed this by visiting on the Adobe web site and downloading the updates for Extension Manager - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/d...in/AdobeExtens ionManager-2.1-mul-AdobeUpdate.zip. The link would suggest you about the proper updates about the same for Windows based system but there is a Mac update available also.

I hope, it can be helpful for guys who still have the same problem as I have before . For me, it fixed and done entire thing after logging as an Administrator of the system.

it is not going on properly for me . I have re-downloaded the newest version suggested as 2.1.112 and tried the same thing again, and would not install another extensions at all! I am working as an administrator and have even tried to log out and back in as the default admin profile but in the same situation and receiving the same message. Extensions for entire applications functioning very well . It's just Fireworks.